Feelings

As the days go by, Corey and I grow closer. Not too close, but close enough. He comes over to my place a lot, either to keep me company while we edit videos or to eat and watch Netflix.

I know I shouldn't allow myself to feel for him, especially since we just began seeing each other, but I can't help it. Corey is such a genuinely amazing guy; he's so much different from Dom.

"Hey, pretty lady." Corey grins as I open the door. 

"Hey, yourself." I grin back, stretching on my toes to kiss him. 

"What's the plan for today?" He asks as he follows me into my apartment.

"Well, I need to upload a video, but after that, I was thinking we could maybe go to the park? It's such a nice day; it's a shame to spend it indoors." I bite my lip.

"That sounds great." Corey goes straight to my fridge. "Do you have anything to drink?"

"I have Dr. Pepper and orange juice. Do with it what you will." I laugh.

Corey grimaces and pours a glass of orange juice. I go sit on the couch and open my laptop. Corey sits next to me and he rests his head on my shoulder. I finish editing my video before I upload it.

I kiss Corey on the top of the head before I shake him off and stand up. 

"I'm going to change clothes, and then we can go," I say over my shoulder as I walk into my bedroom.

I change into a pair of black tights and a floral sports bra with a sheer black T-shirt. I braid my hair and slip my feet into a pair of running shoes. 

Corey and I head to the park, where we stay all day.

"Hey, babe, do you want to stay over tomorrow night? My roommate won't be there, so it'll just be us." Corey asks with a wink once we return to my place.

"I'd love to." I kiss him on the cheek.

"Great." He grins. 

My phone beeps with a text. It's from David.

"I hate to kick you out, but I have to go to work." I sigh.

"I'll call you later." Corey kisses me.

I watch him leave and then I change into a sweatshirt and different shoes. I head over to the vlog house.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." I apologize.

David doesn't answer. He leads me to the pool where most of the guys wait.

I sit next to Scotty and lean towards him. "What did I miss?"

"Just the start of another vlog. David wants us all to take a trip." Scott shrugs.

"I can't go anywhere. I don't have the time." I shake my head.

"You work for David; you have the time," Todd adds.

"I also have a boyfriend and a pet." I roll my eyes.

They don't answer. We watch David and everyone else pulls out their own cameras. I watch everyone film, a knot forming in my stomach. For no reason, I stand suddenly.

I grab hold of David's arm. "I have to go home," I whisper. I feel sick and dizzy and just awful.

"Yeah, okay. You look like you need some rest." David nods.

I take off. When I get home, I lay down. I don't mean to fall asleep, but I do.

When I wake, I have texts from several of my friends. One from David, one from Corey, and one from Dom.

I ignore Dom's text and reply only to David and Corey. 

I work on some video ideas and even open my resume just for fun. I laugh as I look at what job experience I had. I alter my resume and include David as a reference. Even with all my education, my job experience seems so... little. I've barely worked since I graduated law school, yet the past (almost) year has been full of so many challenges. For about an hour, I reminisce over the past year. A year ago, I was struggling through my final semester of law school, worrying over finals and the bar exam, sending out resume after resume to companies that never gave me a second chance.

I send David a text. Hey boss man. I know I don't say it enough, but I'm grateful that you hired me. If it weren't for you, I'd have to go get a "real" law job. And I saw that with quotations because working with you is more than real. It's a dream come true. Anyway, I'm sorry I'm all sappy. See you tomorrow, David.

I send the text and smile. I turn on my camera and begin a video.

"Hey, you guys. This is going to be something a little different from my usual videos. I don't ever tell you guys how grateful I am for you, but I am. I am so immensely thankful that there are people out there who like me and my content enough to support me. I love you guys." I laugh. "I know this sounds like I'm quitting, but I'm not. If anything, I'm going to be better. For about a month now, I guess since Christmas, I haven't felt like I've been putting out content worthy of you guys. You guys deserve the very best, and I'm going to give it to you. From now on, no more of this mediocre, last minute stuff. I'm going to pull a Shane on you guys and actually turn my channel into something I am proud of. I don't know when my next video will be up, but it will be well worth it. Until next time, bye you guys." I turn off the camera. I upload the video to my laptop and upload it straight to YouTube. No editing.

I head to the vlog house, camera in hand, feeling refreshed. 

"Whoa, Ally, I thought I told you to go home?" David says, grabbing my arm.

"I did. I took a nap. I woke up feeling so much better." I grin. "I want to do something with everyone. A series, if you could call it that. I want to interview everyone in the vlog squad."

"Good luck getting everyone to do it. But I'll be the first if you want." David laughs.

"That would be amazing, David. Can we do it now?" I ask.

We head to a room and shut the door. I set up my camera and sit behind the camera, motioning for David to sit in front. I turn on the camera and begin.

"State your name for the viewers." I begin, grinning.

"For those of you that don't know me, I'm David Dobrik of David's Vlogs." He laughs.

I begin by asking him questions, ranging from his childhood to his career. After almost an hour of just talking with David, I end the video.

"Thank you so much for doing this, David. Like, seriously. I think I'm going to be really pleased with this series."

He hugs me. "Anything that makes you happy."

That evening, I sit on my couch drinking a glass of wine while editing David's video. He's got a lot of history. Sure, he jokes about being kicked out of the country, but I don't think he realizes how serious it is. David could be deported, and we'd all be lost.

Suddenly, my phone begins ringing. It's Dom. Against my better judgment, I answer.

"Hello?" I begin.

"Ally. I didn't expect you to answer." Dom says quietly from the other end.

"Yeah, well, why did you call then?" I roll my eyes, taking a sip of wine.

"I don't know." He pauses. "I know you and Corey are seeing each other."

"It's not a secret, Dom." I laugh. "Corey and I just don't boast about what we are to each other all over social media."

"Is that supposed to hurt me?" Dom chuckles. "Don't answer that. Look, Ally, I guess you've moved on. I-I'm sorry, for everything. I won't call again."

Before I can say anything, he's hung up. I sigh and down the rest of my wine in one gulp.