Ultimate Scheming System Chapter 24

Xu Que was astonished. The spate of events just happened today. It was totally unexpected that the disciples from the Celestial Sect had already received word of the incident. On top of that, they were already discussing about the incident.

Before he even entered the town, the town already knew about him!

Not bad, not bad. This is a good omen!

Xu Que's heart of vanity was filled with contentment and his face inevitably broke into a smile.

Since he wasn't really in a rush, he might as well eavesdrop on them. He leaned against the wall, acting like he was waiting for someone, lifted his ears and sneakily listened to the Celestial Sect disciple's conversation.

"It's been said that this great man's name is famous throughout the east continent and our Sect Leader is very afraid of him."

"Can it really be? Where does the man came from?"

"Heard that his name is Duan Jiu De."

"That's right. This afternoon, when the Sunset Faction came to our Sect to find the leader, we were guarding the gates. When we saw the Sect Leader hearing the three words 'Duan Jiu De', his face looked very shocked and he even addressed him as Senior Duan. Think about it. If even our Sect Leader addressed him as 'Senior', wouldn't that person be insanely strong?"

"What? Could it be that the person that we offended was a disciple of that Senior Duan? Th-this could be bad!"

"Damn it. I've asked the Sunset Faction disciple about it since I am more familiar with him. I've heard from him that the person we've offended is indeed that Senior Duan's disciple. He can't be wrong."

...

"Ding! Congratulations to host 'Xu Que' for successfully subtly acting tough. The reward is 10 act tough points!" Xu Que's mind suddenly sounded with the system beep amidst the conversation.

He became startled for a bit.

What the hell. This counts as successfully acting tough?

Looks like the requirement for acting tough is to simply witness or hear my reputation being discussed by others.

However, the conversation has let Xu Que understood what was happening to a small extent.

It turned out that those two Sunset Faction Disciples who escaped today are spreading word by mouth.

At the time when Elder Liu and others mistook him for being Duan Jiu De's disciple, the rest of them witnessed the situation. When the two of them fled, they immediately reported this information to their Faction. Therefore, stirring up the current false rumors.

Of course, Xu Que didn't wish to clarify the situation for them. His eye lit up and a big opportunity to act tough was right in front of him again.

"Duan Jiu De. The man that even the Celestial Sect Leader calls senior is believed to be my master? Haha! I'd be letting you all down if I don't make use of this situation to my advantage."

Xu Que let out a slight grin and quickly left to purchase the supplies.

...

At the same time, inside Celestial Sect's discussion hall, several faction elders including the Celestial Sect leader were all seated and were in a midst of discussion.

Their topic was still related to Xu Que but they were in actuality discussing about Duan Jiu De.

"This is no small matter. Senior Duan has an odd temperament and his reputation... Cough... Everyone is very clear of it. Supposedly, we've come to injure and hurt his disciple, according to his temper, I am afraid that the consequences will be dire." One of the faction's Elder spoke while stroking his beard.