Promise Kept

Sasuke stared at the kunoichi in front of him was she and wondering when did she become more assertive and also is what she saying true.
....
"What Sasuke."
The tone of Sakura's voice stung the dark haired teen he had never knew the same person who use fawn over him for years would be able to make him feel the pain he felt now.
"Will they really allow me to come back to the village freely or...is there another motive."
Sasuke mustered up the courage to put a brave face towards Sakura.
........
"I'm only doing it for the baby...but, I could imagine Lady Tsunade will have some kind of use for you and it won't be easy."
Sakura looked at the baby in Sasuke's arms and he was still reaching out to her.
"You want to hold the kid?"
Sasuke asked his former teammate.
Sakura nooded and so she was handed the child.
....
"He is a cute kid...you know Sasuke if you're gonna take care of this kid you must know something.
Sakura looked at Sasuke with a cold expression on her face.
"If you're gonna take care of this kid he will be in constant danger you're still a missing ninja and one with a bounty on your head due to the death of Naruto.
Sakura warned the Uchiha.
.....
Sasuke started shaking.
"It...it was an accident."
Naruto noticed Sasuke's change in composure.
"Dada"
The baby said quietly.
"The fact that it was an accident doesn't matter Sasuke.... what does matter is that if you're not in the Leaf Village's custody you will be hunted and if you and or your teammates die what's gonna happen to the baby he may die due to lack of care some time after your death or someone.... undesirable will find him or this baby could be an orphan again."
Sakura explained several other possibilities to Sasuke each more worse than the last and this scared the Uchiha but for Sakura despite knowing what she was doing was in a sense immoral but for some reason the sole fact that she for once was in Sasuke's head felt strangely good.
.........
Both Sakura and Sasuke stood silent.
..........
"Well whatever you decide don't say I didn't warn you."
Sakura  handed the child back to Sasuke and she turned around and she was falsely preparing to leave hopefully Sasuke would catch her bait.
.......
"Sakura wait."
Sasuke called out to the kunoichi.
Sakura grinned as she turned around to face the Uchiha.
"What is it Sasuke I have nothing more to say to you."
Sakura said coldly.
........
"I know you no reason to linger here any longer and I don't deserve the information I am getting from you now...but I have one question."
Sasuke hopes his former comrade would hear him out.
....
"What is it and make it quick."
..........
.......
.....
Sasuke was having trouble speaking for some reason.
"Well what is it Sasuke."
Sakura said with a hint of irritation in her voice.
"If I come back to the village you said that the kid will be safe?."
Sasuke asked.
"Yes you, your team, and the baby will be safe but of course you all will be under heavy surveillance at all time and Lady Tsunade will have you doing rather dangerous tasks for atonement but yes you would be relatively safe within the village."
Sakura explained to the teen.
"So, if I come back she gonna force me and my team to work as some auxiliary group...but what if I die during a mission."
Sasuke said somewhat frustrated.
"Then I'll take care of the kid this will be my new life mission if you were to die."
Sakura said.
......
"I'll come back to the Leaf Village as long Naruto stays safe I'm in."
Saskue declared.
....
"Gather your group then and tell them news I am going back to the village to let Lady Know your decision then at four hours meet  back here."
Said the kunoichi
Sasuke nooded and he started making his way to his team's campsite.
........
"Lady Sakura he doesn't have a bounty on his head."
Katsuya said to Sakura.
"I know Lady Katsuya but if I am to keep my promise to Naruto I had to lie to him...but I meant what I said about him putting that baby's life in danger."
Sakura said to the slug as she rushed to the village.
While Sakura was rushing back to the village to report to the Hokage, Sasuke was rushing back to his team's campsite to tell them his news once he made it back to the campsite he used his fireball jutsu to relight the camp fire and he woke everyone up and he told them everything that had happened.
.......
"Are you crazy that sounds insane what if this is a trap!!!"
Suigetsu shouted.
Naruto started stirring in his sleep.
......
"Suigetsu I just put the kid to sleep if you wake him up I'll evaporate you."
Sasuke threatened his blue haired subordinate.
"Sorry sorry jeez....but still this plan kinda stinks."
Suigetsu said.
"Well no matter what happens I"ll be here for you Sasuke."
Karin said.
Suigetsu sneered.
"I'll coming too to...help ya out."
Suigetsu grinned as he watched Karin's smile turned into a frown.
.....
"Jugo what a you are sure you want to follow me down this path I have chosen?"
Sasuke asked the timid teen.
"Yes only you can stop me So, I'll gladly follow you."
Jugo said as he stood next to Sasuke.
"Alright everyone we leave in a few hours so we need to rest up until then."
Sasuke took himself and the child and the crawled back into the tent.
..........
.....
4:00 AM
Sasuke and his group had finished packing up their things.
"Alright everyone follow me I sense that our guide is already at the meeting area."
Sasuke held a firm grip on the child in his hands and him and his group rushed to the meeting area.
After a short while the group stopped and Sasuke saw Sakura waiting for them.
"Is this everyone?"
Sakura asked the teen in front of her.
"Yes this is my group."
"Good now let's go."
Sakura started walking ahead.
......
"Who is she?!"
Karin was full of jealousy at this random pink haired kunoichi.
"Hey shut up the kid is sleeping remember."
Suigetsu said not wanting to deal with a crying child which would lead to a angry Sasuke.
Karin stopped talking but she was still mad
.......
Sasuke started following Sakura.
........
Naruto started stirring in his sleep.
"Come on kid not now."
Sasuke hoped the baby would stay asleep for the entire trip.
"Waaaaaaaaaah!!"
Naruto started wailing loudly.
"Kid what's wrong with you."
Sasuke stopped jumping from the tree and he started to feel the baby's diaper.
"You just need to be changed."
Sasuke said to the child.
(My stomach feels funny.)
Naruto started squenching his eyes and he soon started grunting.
"Kid you didn't just..."
Sasuke stopped mid sentence he soon had his answer that the baby had just had bowel movement while being held by the Uchiha.
"What's wrong."
Sakura walked towards Sasuke and she immediately got hit with the rotten smell.
"What did you feed this baby Sasuke."
Sakura pinched her nose the smell was horrible.
(Hey someone change me, this is embarrassing..and gross.)
"Waaaaaaaaaah!!!"
Naruto's crying only got louder.
"Hold on Naruto."
Sasuke placed Naruto on the ground but then Sakura pushed Sasuke aside.
"Don't put him on the ground it's dirty I'll handle this give me his changing supplies."
"Sure here."
Sasuke placed a bag next to Sakura
Sakura pulled out her tarp and she placed the crying baby on top of it she then went about changing the child's diaper once she was done she dug a small hole in the ground and she buried the diaper.
(Wow you did that better then daddy does he makes my daipy too tight.)
Naruto squealed happily.
"There all done."
Sakura handed the child back to Sasuke.
"Mommy."
Naruto reached out towards Sakura.
"You wanna hold him?"
Sasuke asked the kunoichi.
"Why not."
Sakura said as she was handed the baby.
(Mama I like when you hold me I can sleep better when you hold me.)
Naruto fell back asleep the whole ordeal made him tired.
Sakura handed the child back to Sasuke.
"It's better you hold him..now let's continue."
Sakura jumped back to the trees and she started jumping ahead.
.....
After two hours of jumping from tree to tree the group made it back to the Hidden Leaf Village the streets were empty all except for the Hokage and a few anbu shinobi.
"Man these guys are no joke huh Sasuke."
Suigetsu was worried that if they were about to get ambushed would he be able to escape.
"Don't do anything stupid Suigetsu."
Despite that Karin was trying to put up a brave front she was shaking from fear.
Jugo was slightly unnerved he had felt Sasuke's killing intent and it keeps him from losing control momentarily but the killing intent come from Tsunade made the large teen feel both terrified and yet   comfortable knowing there is someone else who can act as a good "cage" for him.
...
"Welcome back Sakura."
Said the Hokage.
Sakura motioned for the small group behind her to step forward.
.....
Tsunade looked at the child in Saskue's arms and she couldn't help but think the baby looks like Naruto and this made her more sad and angry but it was not at the child.
....
"Sakura hold the baby."
Tsunade said to her student.
"Lady Tsunade you don't plan to.."
"No."
Sakura was cut off by her mentor.
....
"I won't kill him...now Sasuke step forward."
.....
Sasuke handed the child to Sakura and he walked towards the Hokage.
......
"I don't deserve this chance...but thank you and I am willing to accept any condition you place upon me."
Sasuke knew he deserved everything that was coming to him.
....
"But let me live so, that I can raise the kid."
.....
Tsunade glanced at the young Uchiha's face and she can see where the tear stains we're on his face...he must really feel guilty for what happened and he shows true remorse he found a way to help redeem himself, and Tsunade was slightly impressed.
.....
But it doesn't help quell her anger and her hatred for Sasuke.
Tsunade punched Sasuke in his face.
"Crap!"
Suigetsu pulled out his sword but two anbu shinobi cornered him.
"Sasuke no!!"
Karin tried to pull out one of her kunai but then her went limp and then her whole body was paralyzed before Karin fell to the ground she saw one of the Anbu shinobi held a kuani with a bluish tint fluid on the blade.
Jugo didn't move Tsunade's killer intent made him paralyzed with  fear, a sensation he had never felt before.
Tsunade continued to punch Sasuke in his face each blow made the Uchiha's face almost unrecognizable.
.....
"(I deserve this...every single blow...I'm sorry kid and I'm sorry Naruto...I wasn't able to keep my promise.)"
Sasuke blacked out and felt the pain stop.
.....................
..........
.....
[A/N]
I don't usually do author's note but this is a special case thanks to everyone who gave me reviews and critiques as of lately I really appreciate it and I will try harder to make this story and my other stories better for all readers by fixing grammatical errors and arranging my story better. So, from the bottom of my heart thank you everyone.
..............................................
..........................
.....................
.................
............
.........
.....
....
.......
.....
.......
.....
Hey, if you're still reading thanks for the commitment and to repay you for going the extra mile I have something to share with you for. the next chapter Sasuke is not dead, he just got roughed up a little don't worry the story will continue