Chapter 19

| Bella |
: Nightmare

The game had ended and everyone had pretty much left or were about to leave, and here I stood, waiting on the playing food like instructed, thankfully the big playing lights were still on and so I wasn't in total darkness with a potential crazy teen.

The girls as well as Zak were waiting in the car park, they couldn't see me but I was literally texting them the entire wait so I wasn't alone.

Finally, the sound of footsteps padded against the grass making me look over to see Danial coming over to me. I stood up, giving him a small smile as he came and stood opposite me.

"Thanks for waiting" he said making me nod "It's okay" I answered.

He sat down on the bench, raising his eyebrows as if he was wondering why I was still standing up in front of him. I then took a seat next to him, leaving quite a gap between us but not too much for him to freak out over or acknowledge.

"So... I know you've been telling me that we can't hang out anymore, and I've noticed you being quite distant as a whole. And I don't want that. I know what Jacob did at that party was totally out of order and I should of done something to stop it..." he trailed off

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am sorry-" he stopped as his phone made a noise, he hesitantly checked it before putting it back in his pocket. He kind of looked nervous or something making me frown "Is everything okay?" I asked .

He quickly nodded "As I was saying, I'm sorry for not doing anything that night. It was er, stupid" He literally sounded as if he had forgotten how to speak, he couldn't even look at me. He was stunned by something I had no clue about.

However, I simply nodded wanting this conversation to be over. "It's okay... I guess everyone makes mistakes" Although I wasn't going to actually speak to him, like, again, I just had to say it to end the conversation.

He nodded. Was that it? I mean I appreciated it but I'm pretty this could of been said at college or something, I could be sleeping or eating right now.

All of a sudden, he looked over to his right which was the direction he had come in. I looked over too, seeing a dark figure approaching us.

Slowly as the person came closer, I figured out that it was a man, boy? I don't know.

"Who is-" I stopped my own sentence as I saw Jacob now only a few feet away from us. From me.

He had a smirk on his face as he looked at me. "Hey Isabella"

This could just be a coincidence, maybe he was meeting Danial here and really meant no harm but when Danial stood up, and inched closer I could tell something was up.

"What's going on Danial?" I asked looking at him and then at Danial.

"I'm so-" Jacob cut him off, "Allow me to explain," he chuckled.

"We are... friends of a certain guy called Carter, Carter Reynolds, ever heard of him Bella?" He smirked.

Instantly it felt as if my heart had fallen to my stomach as I remembered exactly who Carter was.

"Seems like you do" he jus kept laughing, as if it was a joke or something, as if whatever he was doing was something to be proud of.

"Well... I don't know how much you know of this but, your beloved Jason had to leave his home, his friends and lastly, you, because of Mr Reynolds... why? Because, you don't cross Carter, that's a fact," he paused sounding a lot more serious.