Chapter 13: Lucky

Hello my lovelies! 

Hope you all enjoy! 

Song of the chapter, "Lucky," by Jason Mraz.

Remember to comment and vote!

----------------------------

A little fast forward...

-----------------------------

"Lucas! Jesus Christ."

The paper is all scattered all over the damn table. He does this every damn morning. I swear that kid would fight a lion for the comics section of the paper.

"Yap?!"

"The hell did you do to this paper?!"

"Made it better!"

I feel a growl vibrate off of me only to be met with a laugh. "Come on dad, it's just a paper."

"Lydia, I'll have you know, that it's not just a paper," I answer.

She pours herself a glass of milk, my daughter, and chugs it down. She's still growing, still getting stronger every day. She looks like Eve but she's got Lander's hair. Lander teases me and says that Lydia was his love child, but she has my eyes, both my children do.

"You chop your wood yet?"

"Yes sir," she says with a winded smile.

She takes her cup and starts to wash it out in the sink as footsteps elephant to us. Lydia rolls her eyes. "Well, good morning."

My son, from what my mate says, is my twin. Lucas strolls in dripping of that adolescent alpha male arrogance that Eve says reminds him of me. I beg to differ, immensely.

"Morning my dear sister," Lucas responds, ruffling Lydia's long hair.

She snaps at him and I just find myself laughing. Sooner or later, his sister is going to wear his ass out, and I full well intend to see that day.

"Lucas."

"Dad?"

"The paper."

He gives me a cheeky grin, a little apologetic shrug. "Sorry?"

I roll my eyes. "Chop your wood this morning yet?"

"Yes sir," he says with a nod. "What's on the agenda today?"

"School," Eve says as she walks in, a basket of vegetables in her hands.

My beast shakes his fur out because even after all these years she's still the most breathtaking thing I've ever encountered. Words are still too cheap for her, and I am still under her spell. I hope to stay there indefinitely.