//The Boy Who Lived//3//

A/N: anyways heres chapter 3! Have fun reading this. Also just wanted to point out that there will be NO SMUT whatsoever in any of my fanfics. End of discussion.

Also who wants me to write this in first person? Comment~

--

Diagon Alley before the war was a nice place to be. When it wasn't that crowded, of course. The sun shone brightly, marking the dawn of a new day. The young Malfoy groaned to himself as his mother nagged to him about school. 

"Draco, remember to write to me, okay?" said Narcissa. Draco pretended to listen to his mother. "Sure..." He replied. Time to get back to more important matters at hand. When was the exact time he met Harry Potter at Diagon Alley? A little later, he remembered. He held Mother's hand tightly as he walked to Flourish and Bott's for school supplies. Narcissa looked at him intriugingly. "I thought you stopped holding my hand since you were 6?" Draco looked up, his face a little red, and shrugged.

'Looking back, the topics we learnt  in first year were a piece of cake. I don't know why I ever dreaded school.' Thought Draco. OWLs however, was an entirely different matter. The entire Slytherin dorm, filled with posh and respected students suddenly became a mess to rival Gryffindor on the day before OWLs. Even Calming Droughts didn't do anything. Draco shuddered. He was going to have to take exams all over again wasn't he? He regretted not thinking this through. Would he be caught cheating? Would he get expelled? HOW DID THAT MUDBLOOD FRIEND OF POTTER DO SO WELL IN EXAMS?! Lucius would scold Draco all the time for letting himself be beaten by a filthy mud- by a muggleborn. If he was going to befriend Potter, he needed to be nicey nicey to his other friends. Wait, even the Weasel? Draco had to stop himself from throwing up.

"Draco, how about you go and get your robes fitted? I will help you buy your potion supplies." Draco's heart skipped a beat. "Yes mother." He skipped over to Madam Malkin's. 'Potter should be arriving soon, with that half-giant of his...' He considered waiting outside. Finally, he gathered enough courage to walk into the store. "Firs' year, dearie?" Madam Malkin asked. She had rosy cheeks and she was quite chubby. Draco wasn't paying much attention, so he just nodded and zoned out. "Sit down anywhere, this will take a moment."

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Harry Potter entered the store, examining robes and such.

"H-hi my name is Draco Malfoy!" Draco almost fell off his seat. 'DO NOT MESS THIS UP' he thought. Draco leaned over on the wall and blushed. Potter looked quite cute as a child. Those innocent eyes and those smashed up glasses. He was also quite small in those large clothes of his cousin's. Harry tilted his head -'Cute...' thought Draco. Then he grinned cheekily and introduced himself. "Hello, i'm Harry. Harry Potter." 

Draco sat down. He was doing well so far, Potter smiled at him. "You're the boy who lived... You're famous here y'know?" Harry shrugged. "I still can't believe it. I didn't know magic existed until yesterday..." He droned on. Malfoy looked surprised. He didn't know he was a wizard until he was 11 years old? Poor boy. Maybe Potter isn't as much of a big-headed git as he thought. "Why not?" Draco asked. "My aunt and uncle hate me... or my magic, I guess. They never told me anything." He replied. Draco stared at the raven haired boy curiously. Was he always this tolerable? He smiled sadly at Harry. Inside, Draco was freaking out. He hoped that Potter wouldn't notice his sweaty palms. If Potter hated him again, then what would happen? All this would be for nothing, right? It felt unnatural having to pretend to be a good person... Draco had butterflies in his stomach thinking about Potter. Since those green eyes looked at him he had been expecting Harry to insult him, hex him, give him death threats or whatever. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Harry frowned. Draco wanted to say 'No no no i'm such an idiot I want to die' but instead he just shrugged. "What house do you think you'll be in, Potter?" Draco changed the subject. Of course, Potter would be a high and mighty Gryffindor. He didn't have to travel back in time to know that. Potter simply replied,"Er, you can call me Harry." He sighed. "I told you, I didn't even know magic existed a day ago! How am I supposed to know what houses there are?" "Well, theres Slytherin, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff." Draco explained. Wait, what if Harry hates Slytherin? Then there'd be no way for them to be friends. Harry looked interested. "How do we get sorted?" 

"Umm... I'm not sure. But my family has been in Slytherin for generations." 

'Oh great, you sound like a pompous arse now. Boasting about Malfoys and the house of the snake.' Draco tried hard not to slap himself. 

After moments of awkward small talk, Madam Malkin came back and gave Draco his new robes. He was just about to leave when Potter chases after him. 

"Hey Draco?"

Draco stiffened and turned around. Harry held out his hand for a handshake. 

"Friends?"

The young blond's voice cracked. "F-friends..." 
He shook Harry's hand and smiled.

--

A/N yooo another update? Yay. This is so weird. Once again, pleaseeeee vote and comment! <3