Chapter 5

Time went by as the two of you gazed out across the scenery, his hand never moving from yours. You knew you wanted to say something, but didn't know what.

"Ha-Haruhi," you stuttered. "Did-did you, ah, enjoy yourself tonight?" You mentally face palmed at your question. You really wanted to know if he liked you, why he danced with so many other girls, why you felt so GOD DAMN JELOUS! But you couldn't.

"Yeah it was great. The food was amazing and so many people showed up looking their best," He smiled at you, closed eyes. "Did you?"

"Ah yeah it was good," you replied. "I just wish I could have spent more time with you..." You became quieter at the end knowing how pathetic you must have sounded to him. You were sure so many others had told him things like that, but you wanted to stand out from the crowd.

"I wish I could have spent more time with you too," he said looking off again. "But, you know, host club says I'd have to dance with all the lovely ladies who wanted a dance."

You continued to stare at him, nothing to say.

"You were the only one who didn't come up to me to ask though..." he said quieter. What did that mean? Did all the other girls go and ask for a dance. Was that what the deal is with this place?

"Then... Why did you ask?" you said shyly, looking at your feet.

"Because, I... like you," he said embarrassed. Your eyes widened and you looked up to him with a deep blush. But just as you lifted you head and he turned his, you felt your lips meet.