Chapter 11

You sat on the edge of the water fountain with doubts rushing through your mind. You'd decided to tell him, or her. You still weren't too sure. But you needed to say you knew, or at least thought you knew.

Host club wasn't on today, and you knew Haruhi would be leaving the school soon. He (he felt more natural to say to you) normally left the school a little late, never in a rush to get books, so he simply waited for others. Most students had left by now, and you began to worry that he already had and you'd missed him.

That thought soon flew out of your mind when you saw him walking out the school, coming up near you. The other worries took control, wishing you could back out now.

"Hey," he waved as he walked up beside you, then sat down on the edge.

"Ah, hi," you replied nervously, scared of how he was going to react.

"Why are you still at school?" he wondered.

"I needed talk to you about something," you said, looking down at your fidgeting hands.

"Okay," he said slightly confused. "What is it?"

"Well, I was just - the other day... Ah, the thing is-" you stopped, trying to recollect your thoughts. You couldn't beat around the bush like this, you had to get to the point. "It's just that I felt-" But that's easier said than done.

"What's wrong?" he asked concerned.

You took a deep breath before speaking quickly. "You're a girl!" Your hands flew to your mouth, covering it, in denial that you'd just blurted that at him, or her. What have you done!?

Haruhi's expression didn't falter. He wasn't angry, embarrassed, confused, happy, worried, nothing! He just held the same blank expression.

"Oh," he said. "Yeah, I am."

You were speechless now, you weren't sure what to say to this, so he spoke again. "But to me, it doesn't really matter. I only wear this uniform because it was the only one available and cut my hair short because once I got gum in it and cut it off. I like it better this way. It doesn't affect me what gender I'm known as. It doesn’t matter. I'm just seen as a boy at this school so I can be in the host club."

"But," you still weren't sure what to say. "Does that mean you're gay?" you asked confused by yourself, not sure if that was the best thing to say at this point.

"Like gender, I don't care really," he shrugged. "I'll swing either way. But, I do really like you."

I blush crept onto your cheeks at his words, though you were still not sure if you like him, her?

"Um, do you prefer being a he or a she?" you asked awkwardly.

"At school I'm normally a he around people I don't know, but I guess people I do know say she. I am a girl after all. I just cross dress. No big deal."

It was so easy for her, yeah her, to talk about this. You thought this would be more serious.

"What?" she asked frowning at you.

"I'm still in shock, I guess," you mumbled, processing all this information.

"Well, I'm hoping that you'll be fine with it, because I do really like you. And gender shouldn't make a difference. You may not see it that way, but I hope you are fine with it." he said. "But I do have to go. We can talk about this again sometime."

"Bye," you murmured, still not entirely sure how to take all this. It was a lot of information, and you still didn't know how you felt. You were overwhelmed that Haruhi liked you, but you weren't sure still if you liked the girl Haruhi. But, like he said, gender doesn’t matter.

----------

Hey guys, just letting you know I have a few other books you may enjoy. One of them is also an Ouran fanfiction, but of the twins and their love! And oh yeah, I'm hitting on the gender issues, you read it right! Mhm!!! Please vote, comment and follow and hopefully the next update will be nice and quick :)