Mass Effect: Alive

Two years without her. The Normandy, gone. Everyone alive, split up. Then there's Shepard. Last thing heard about her was from Jeff Moreau, and he said she got spaced. Nobody took the news lightly. Kaidan, obviously, was pissed. He was in love with her.

I can't blame him. I was, too.

But why would she fall for a turian like me?

That's right. I'm Garrus Vakarian, and I was in love with Commander Hazel Shepard.

Sorry, I shouldn't call her that, by her first and last name. Kaidan is the only one who can, seeing as they... never mind. I won't get into that with you. At this point, you must be wondering, "Why the hell am I being told that a turian is in love with a human, let alone THE Commander Shepard?"

Because I'm going to die.

Oh, don't give me that look. I'm not going to kill myself. Far from it. You see, I'm in this seedy place called 'Omega' with a mission to right all wrongs.

I should mention that Omega runs on wrongs. And now the top three mercenary gangs have gotten together to destroy Archangel (that, in case you didn't know, is me).

Now I'm in my hideout, picking off their freelancers. I've accepted my fate, but that doesn't mean I'm going down without a fight. I look through my scope, when something catches my attention.

Three freelancers just came in, and they're fighting off the others. One of them is wearing the Cerberus symbol and the other looks like any ordinary old mercenary, but I could care less about them. The one in the N7 armor has my attention. The N7 armor, those green eyes, the fiery red hair, the freckles. It can't be...

Shepard... you're alive?