Hopeless

It was right after school. I was driving home when I saw a police car in front of my house. I immediately stopped my car and dashed inside. Two police officers were talking to my Aunt and Uncle. My aunt was sobbing while a look of shock and sadness covered my uncle's face. I was shaking inside. One of the police officers walked up to me. I recognized him.

"Officer Walker. What are you doing here?"

"Hello Tommy. How are you doing?"

Officer Walker helped me get home when my car got wrecked.

I ignored his question.

"What's going on?" I asked nervously asked.

"You better take a seat Tom," Officer Walker responds.

I sat in a seat.

"I have terrible news Tom. Today, me and my partner were on patrol. We were driving around when I spotted something strange. I drove to the strange thing and stopped my car. I got out of my car and walked over to inspect the object. As I got closer to the object I realized it was a leg and I inspected it further. That's when I realized this was a little girl. I checked her body for a pulse but I got nothing."

"Wait! You don't mean-," I said in disbelief. Tears started coming out of my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Tom. If there's anything I can do."

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" I cried out.

I ran to my aunt for comfort and we both embraced each other. I couldn't believe what I just heard. I look back at Officer Walker.

"How did it happen?"

"We don't know the official reason but we discovered bruises on her body and cuts on her face and neck. We suspect it was a murder."

I continued sobbing in disbelief. How could this have happened? I should have been there.

Officer Walker walks over to me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry Tom. Me and the department will be praying for you."

However, that didn't help me cheer up at all.

"How will that help me? It won't bring her back. If God is so good then why does let this happen? I don't believe in Him and I don't want to believe in Him."

I pushed Walker's hand off my shoulder and ran upstairs.

"Wait Tom!" My Aunt called but I didn't respond. I was too angry and sad to respond. I wish I was dead. First, I lost my parents and now my sister. I felt like I truly lost hope.