Beginning

"So here I am now talking to you about this. I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried to find comfort in many things."

My counselor is sitting on his chair looking at his sheet. He finally looks up.

"Well, my suggestion is to find comfort in the right things. What have you tried doing to distract you?"

"I've been working, doing homework, and reading."

"Have you tried being with friends?"

"My friends don't care."

"Do you have anyone at your workplace who you might consider a friend?"

"Well, there is one guy there. His name is Jimmy."

"Do you think he cares about you?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe."

"Well why don't you try talking to him?"

I think about what my counselor says. I head to work after my session. When I arrive, Jimmy is cleaning tables.

"Hey man, you alright?"

I nod my head.

"Hey if there's anything you need I'm here for you."

I smile a little and proceed to my workstation. I help receive orders from the people at the front.

During my break I go to Jimmy.

"So I thought about what you said and there is something you can help me with. How is it that you always seem so happy and optimistic?"

Jimmy smiles and responds, "I just know that everything will be alright because I pray to God and I know He will help me."

I was confused.

"But how do you know he will respond?"

"Why don't you try praying? Maybe you might find the answer. Also, this might help you." He hands me a Bible.

"I read this every day when I'm on break."

After I was done working I went home. I ran up to my room.

I sat next to my bed and thought about what Jimmy said.

"But prayer. Seriously? Does it really work?"

I just looked up.

"Dear God, this is Tommy. You probably don't know me. I need your help God. Please help me with this tragedy God. I know you're wondering why I'm coming to you just now and not before. Well that's because I need you now GOD."

I start crying.

"PLEASE GOD HELP ME THROUGH THIS!!! THEY SAY THAT YOU'RE A KIND AND CARING GOD AND I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT BUT IT IS SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT RIGHT NOW GOD!!! SHE DID NOT DESERVE THIS GOD!!! I WISH I WAS DEAD INSTEAD OF HER GOD!!! I JUST WANT YOU TO TAKE AWAY THE PAIN GOD!!! PLEASE!!!
AMEN!!!"

I then get out the Bible and start reading it. I read it for the next few months. I keep praying also. I finally finish the Bible. I look up and wait but nothing happens. I was furious.

"Seriously. I pray to you and I read your stupid book but still you don't respond. This was a f***ing stupid idea." I run to my car and start it. I drive like crazy. Suddenly I hit a curb and my car flips over. I pass out.