School

I didn't go to school for a couple weeks. At my sister's funeral no one from school came. When I finally went back to school no one even noticed how sad I felt. Even the few friends that I did have didn't talk to me. They were too busy living in their happy lives to care.

"If you guys were really my friends then you would actually care about me. But you are not friends are you?" I thought to myself.

However, several of my teachers did ask me if I was alright. I just responded, "I will be fine."

At lunchtime I sat alone. One of my "friends" came over and tried to sit with me.

"Hey Tom how have you been?"

I gave him a glare.

"What do you think? Have you even read the news?"

"Wait. What are you talking about?"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. One of my supposed friends didn't even know about my sister's death and he does nothing to try to comfort me. This was my last straw.

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??!! MY SISTER WAS JUST MURDERED AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW OR CARE ABOUT IT!!! WHAT KIND OF A FRIEND ARE YOU??!!"

I look around and see people staring at me. Some of them are whispering to each other while others are giggling. To be honest I really can't blame them for giggling at my outburst but I was still embarrassed. I ran out of the cafeteria crying.  Word about my sister's death traveled through the school. I felt embarrassed. However, I did have this hope that people would actually care. It went away. I don't know why people acted like they didn't care. I spent the next couple of weeks being depressed and sad. No one came to comfort me except my aunt and uncle. However, I didn't want to hear about their churchy stuff. That's the last thing that I wanted to hear.