"A Flash of Anger" + Barriss Offee

"I was just thinking about what you said earlier, about enjoying the peace while it lasts. As a Jedi, I'm not sure I know how to do that."

She did not know?
As a Jedi, she did not know how to enjoy peace?
It was sickening, how fully this war was corrupting them, twisting them away from what they were supposed to be.

"Master Windu has said we are keepers of the peace, not warriors."

Ahsoka seemed upset with that response.
Did she think Barriss was saying she was a bad Jedi?
No, it wasn't her fault this war had ruined their training.

"However, once the war is over, it will be our job to maintain the peace."

She was sure there would still be a place for those like Ahsoka.
Padawans who were spending their training years more concerned with combat than proper meditation technique.

"Yes, but will we do so as keepers of the peace or warriors? And what's the difference?"

"I don't have all the answers, Ahsoka. Like you, I'm a learner. What does your Master tell you?"

She knew what Master Luminara felt about this of course.
She felt bad that she couldn't in good faith simply share what she had told her.
She hadn't agreed.

"Anakin? Oh, um, you might find some of his thoughts on the future, uh, a bit radical."

"Really? Why?"

"Let's just say my Master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him."

There was an edge to Ahsoka's voice.
A disturbance that made Barriss's blood run cold.

Was this girl lost already?
Was her Master leading her down a path she should not follow?
A path of Darkness and War and...

Was there anything that could be done?
Before they were all lost.
She needed to act, to do something, save them somehow.
Save them all from themselves.