"A Double Date" + Finn and Rey

"So explain this to me again...?"

"It really isn't that hard to understand."

"Ok, but let's say it is. Explain."

"Alright. Poe and I want to have dinner together in one of the more secluded parts of the ship-"

"Yes, I get that part, you're adorable by the way." Rey punctuated that last point with a massive grin. The same exact smile she had given him just days before, when they had outrun the TIEs together.

Finn shifted awkwardly, not sure how he was supposed to respond to his friend's enthusiasm.

This was all so new to him.

He took comfort in knowing it was new for her as well.

"Right. Well the thing is well..." He sighed. "I want to spend as much time with you as I can, you know? I mean I only just found you again."

"Yes. Because the Falcon is so big, I could vanish while you and Poe are lost in each other's eyes."

"Rey, I am serious! I didn't know if I'd ever see you again. But you're here now, and I want to spend as much time with you as possible, Rey, I really really do."

"I know Finn, I feel the same about spending time with you. But I don't get why this means I should come on your date."

"Well, when I mentioned to Poe that I had wanted to have dinner with you, he suggested you could also be on a date. That we all do the dating thing together."

"And I am not allowed to know who I am seeing on this date, because?"

"Apparently this is a thing people do, like a mating ritual thing."

"No one ever did this on Jakku. Besides, Finn, there really aren't that many people on the ship. What if we don't like each other, how can this lead to anything but future awkward encounters?"

"Come'on Rey, for me?"

This truly was not fair, what with Finn's eyes gleaming and pleading like that. Rey sighed, nodding.

She couldn't promise she'd hit it off with whoever Poe wanted to set her up with, but she'd go on the date.

It'd be worth it just to see Finn smile.