american foods

Clint was away on a mission again, and she was alone at their house, laying on the bed and looking down lists of some American foods, because this was a time for her to finally try some. She literally had nothing to do. Natasha didn't like Tv, she didn't like watching it unless she watched it with Clint. They liked to make fun of dumb shows together. She liked doing those types of things with him.

Therefore, she had nothing to do.

So this is why she lay on her stomach over her bed, kicking her feet in the air like an excited child. If Clint were there, he probably would have been shot for calling her cute, or adorable.

She continued to hum songs that she didn't realize Clint had taught her. That's how bored she was. Sometimes he'd play guitar for her, and her favorite song that he would play was called "free fallin". She loved listening to him sing it and play it. He had so many talents, she had lost count. But she loved all of them.

The first person who said she was obsessing over Clint Barton was digging their own grave because that was not happening. She just.. Found him interesting.

She continued scrolling through the website that listed fifteen good tasting American foods. She wrinkled her face up and stared at one of the pictures curiously.

"Pop-corn? Sounds.. interesting," she sarcastically spoke to herself, rolling her eyes a bit. She smiled a small bit when she saw ice cream on the list. Clint had bought that for her on her birthday one time; and she really liked it. Especially the part where she got to take his since it was her birthday.

After deciding to try popcorn, she continued to look at the pictures of different foods. As she did, she began to play with her necklace.

She had bought that necklace one time that Clint had left for a third solo mission in the same week. It was a small, silver arrow, that had reminded her of him. She only ever wore it when he was away, though. It was reassuring. Many times, he had almost caught her with it on, but she always reverted to throwing it out the nearest window, because usually he would sneak up on her while she was alone in their room.

She couldn't let him see it. He would say it was cute, and he would probably force her to admit that she cared about him, or that she missed him. She didn't have time for those shenanigans. Lies were easier to accept.

Natasha grasped the arrow in her hands gently before she let it go and began to walk to the door of her room. When it swung open on its own, revealing Clint, she tugged the necklace off her neck, still staring at him while she did so, and threw it out the window so quickly, he stepped back a bit and shook his head that was receiving quick whiplash.

"What was that?" He asked curiously, but mostly concerned. She took a deep breath and smiled at him when she released it. She began to walk and brushed past him after she answered.

"Emotions." She responded, kissing him on the cheek as she passed. She did it just to throw him off so that she could at least get into the kitchen before he bombarded her with questions.

When she opened the door to the pantry, his footsteps were finally heard.

"That was a distraction." He technically stated the words, they weren't verbalized for her to answer. But she answered sarcastically anyways.

"No, it wasn't." You could just hear the sarcasm in her tone. He shook his head and walked toward her.

"What do you keep throwing out of windows whenever I get home from a mission? " he asked calmly and concerned. Leaning against the door of the pantry, he watched her try to ignore him while she searched for popcorn that she knew was in there somewhere.

"The real question is: how am I gonna get it out of that bush again?" She answered, dodging his question completely. Clint rolled his eyes and held on to her hips, spinning her around to face him.

"Tasha." He said seriously. His eyebrows were raised until the wrinkles in his forehead were visible. Natasha sighed. It wasn't really a big deal unless he thought she was throwing something new of his each time he came back.

"You looked really handsome when you were leaning against the doorframe." She tried to distract him with another sigh as she spoke. Clint smiled at that and kinda laughed , but was still trying to figure out what It was that she kept throwing out the window.

"I know." He smirked, causing Natasha to scoff with an eyeroll. They were just playing around. She stared at him dead in the eyes until he spoke again.

"So..."

" Its just a necklace, Clint. " she finally answered, tilting her head a bit. She still held his gaze. He's stood there for some time before he closed the pantry door and then crossed his arms.

"Why couldn't you just say that?" He questioned curiously, though his expression seemed accusing. When she looked away from him and off to the window above the kitchen sink.

" Its not the necklace itself, It's what's on it. " she cleared up for him. He nodded a bit, also looking away from her for a moment. They were finally getting somewhere.

"Wanna tell me what's on-"

"Nope." She answered before she quickly began to walk away. Clint smirked and shook his head. He loves this woman and her fierce attitudes.  Giving up with a strong sigh, he headed out the front door to look for himself.

×~•~×

"Tasha?" Clint opened the door to their room and closed it behind him. Slowly making his way to the bed, she turned over to face him when he was close enough.

"I know you went out there and found it." She said immediately . No filter, straight up response. One reason why he couldn't live without her. He smirked a bit and nodded at her sideways.  he shrugged her shoulders and turned back over.

"Not a big deal." She answered as she faced the other direction.

Clint rolled his eyes and pulled her back over so she faced him. "Sit up," he nodded his head up as he stated his command. She crinkled her face up, and looked at him dangerously.

"Who are you?" She demanded. Nobody told her what to do anymore . She was independent and did what she wanted. But since she was only playing around with him, she followed his command.

He gave her a thankful grin before he tied her hair up in a messy bun, and kissed her cheek. He took the necklace out and put it around her neck slowly, connecting the back two pieces.

"It's a big deal to me. I think it's cute." He said honestly, pushing that one lock of hair out of her face and behind her ear. Natasha tried to keep her cool when he called her that. She hates being called cute.

"You can't tell me not to do it, Tasha. I already did." He laughed at her steaming face. She was turning red and it wasn't a blush , but to him it was adorable. He pulled his phone out and snapped a picture before she killed him.

"Delete. It." She threatened with just her expression. He shook his head no and laughed at her.

"But Tasha, seriously hear me out, okay love?" That was him asking her to calm down so he could finish what he had to say. When she only looked at him and waited for him to finish speaking, he knew he had a few minutes left until count down .

"Look." He pulled his shooting glove off of his hand and revealed a gold ring that had a black widow sign engraved in the middle. She smiled a bit at that, and he smiled when she did. Her smile was infectious.

" Cutie." She said in a completely feigned sweet voice. "Now you have thirty seconds to run. Stay in the house." She said with a deep promise in her eyes that had no intention of lying to him. He swallowed a bit and was out quickly.