002|BILL DENBROUGH

bill denbrough
request

grace was deep in her thoughts as she skated around derry on a sunny, saturday morning in the summer. it's only been almost a month since she moved here and she somewhat loved it here.

it may not be the nicest place on earth, but it was nice enough for her. she blasted the cure on her new walkman she got on her birthday. she wanted to listen to every song possible.

she was on her way to pick up some bandaids at their local drug store. she fell off her skateboard earlier and had gotten a couple scratches on her knees. she needed to buy those protection guards because she's probably going to be falling a lot
more often than she thought.

after a short, 6 minute ride on her skateboard to the drug store, she found herself and a pretty redhead going into the same isle. the girl smiled at her before quickly moving to a different isle. the 'period' isle.

"bandaids.." grace muttered softly to herself as she ran her fingers along the products that were perfectly placed on the shelves. she smiled once she found a good pack of 60 blue colored bandages, like her eyes.

as she was starting to walk away to go pay for her bandaids, a group of boys rushed into store and into the isle grace was at. she was confused on why they were rushing. she stood there and watched a short boy with brown hair grab a lot of medical stuff.

a cuter and taller boy pulled out a couple dollars from his pockets while the last boy just watched.
"i-its all we got" the tall one said with a soft stutter. "you kidding me" the short one sighed out.

the group of friends continued to talk about their current situation while grace eavesdropped. they needed help and she offered some.

"i can help" grace said as she walked over to the boys. the three boys looked over at her and moments admired her beauty before one of her spoke up. "it's none of your business" the boy with curls spat.

"gee fine" grace said as she faced the rows of stuff again, hoping that the boys would take her offer.
"s-sorry about h-huh-him" the tall one said as he stuttered again. "what can you do to help?" the
short one added with a small look of hope.

"i can help you guys sneak out" grace whispered with a big grin. she left the boys mouth's wide open. "t-that should w-w-work" the tall one said before the
redhead from earlier stepped into the isle.

she immediately hid a blue box behind her back. grace kindly waved at her since she seemed nice. "what?" the girl asked as the boys stared at her awkwardly. "nothing" the same boy who was mean to grace said. "dude, you should really stop with that" grace said with a small laugh.

"there's a kid outside who looks like somebody killed him" the short one muttered as he held all of he stuff they hoped the get in his hands. he accidentally dropped something. grace picked it up and put it over everything else he had in his arms.

"we need some s-s-s-supplies but we d-don't have any money" the tall one said as he looked at the two girls. grace looked over at the redhead who nodded at her. "cmon" grace said as she called over the girl. "on my signal" she said before running off with the redhead to pay for their things.

"what's your name?" grace asked before walking all the way up to the cash register. "it's Beverly" the nice girl said with a smile. "oh that's nice" grace said softly as she walked up to the cashier.