Trauma- Chapter 35

Mehhh... I'm SUPER tired so, this might be shortish/ crappy..

-Court.

_________________________________________________________

**Al**

I groaned and heard a faint beep. I opened my eyes and squinted at the sunlight. The curtains quickly closed and I heard the beeping go faster. I felt someone touch me and I flinched away from it. "Al, it's just me." Liam said and I sighed. I was sore all over and Liam smiled at me. I started crying and he stroked my hair. "I'm so sorry Alex."

"It's fine." I whispered. I pushed the covers back and lifted the gown to look at my stomach. It was lined with stitches. I looked at my wrists and stared at all the scars. I felt tears streaming down my face and flinched when Liam wiped them away.

"I'm not gonna hurt you Al." He said and I closed my eyes.

"Is Cory alright?" I asked and his face saddened.

"She doesn't remember the past 3 years." He said and I was relieved. Maybe God did answer my prayer. He saved her.

"I am happy for that. She doesn't need to know what happened." I said and Liam stroked my arm and again I flinched. He sighed and sat back down in the chair. The door opened and in walked the rest of the boys.

"Hey Al." Niall said and reached out to touch my arm. I flinched away, thinking I was going to be slapped and he frowned. I knew they would never hit me, but what if they did? What if they hurt me. I don't want to be hurt anymore.

"Al?" Niall asked and I looked away from him. I closed my eyes and scenes from the basement played inside my head. I snapped my eyes open and sighed. This was gonna suck.

___________________________________________________________

After 3 more days, I was discharged from the hospital along with Cory. She had her arm linked with mine and I smiled. As we walked out, Cory looked around confused. "Where are we?" She asked.

"Cheshire, England." I said and she nodded. I forced a smile as we got in the car. I introduced Cory to the boys and she giggled. Liam looked back at me and smiled.

"I think Liam has a crush on you." Cory whispered in my ear.

"Cory, Liam and I have been dating for almost a year. It is 2013." I said and she frowned.

"I never thought you would have a boyfriend before me." She said pouting. I explained to her how she did have a boyfriend before me. She soon fell asleep and I followed suit.

Al's Dream

"No, Luke, please, not again. It hurts now." I begged as Luke forced himself into me again and again. I cried out in pain and he just laughed.

"You deserve all of this you bitch." He said and I felt a searing pain on my chest. I looked down and saw ham cutting from the underside of my left boob down to my belly button.

"Please, Luke. Stop!" I cried and tears streamed down my face. Then, Luke got up and Ryan took his place. Ryan forced his mouth on mine and started kissing me. I bit his tongue and he punched me in the stomach, hitting the most recent scars. I screamed in pain and they just laughed.

I jolted up, drenched in a cold sweat. I was laying in a bed and there was a note.

Alex, Doctor perscribed some sleeping pills. You are welcome to take them. They are in the bathroom on the counter. Love, Liam.

I sighed and got up. My stomach emitted a searing pain and I almost collapsed. I winced and grabbed my pain killers, taking 2. The pain was instantly numbed and I got up to go to the kitchen. Liam was making breakfast and I smiled at him. I went to the fridge and searched for the orange juice. I felt arms wrap around me and I screamed in terror. Everyone came running and I sank to the ground.

"Al, you're safe. I'm not going to hurt you. None of us are." Liam said and I nodded.

"Al, you are never this jumpy." Cory said and I waved it off.

"Tell ya later Corrine." I said standing up. We decided to abandon the trip and head back. Everyone filed out of the kitchen and it was just me and Liam.

"Al, are you okay?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Every time I close my eyes, scenes from the basement play over and over in my mind. I can't help but flinch at everyone's touch. I am still in constant fear every time someone raises their hand. Liam. I'm terrified." I said and started crying. He carefully wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shoulder.

"When we get back, do you want to go to therapy?" He asked and I nodded a yes into his shirt. He stroked my hair and started singing to me a soft lullaby.

Will I ever be the same?