not like that, betty.

WATCH THE TRAILER I EDITED ABOVE FIRST!

A/N: Thank you acedhampir for this amazing book cover!

-
Betty sighed, trying her best to stop the tears flowing from her eyes. Archie was never going to feel the same, so why should she try? Even though he said they could still be friends, it'll never be the same. Does he even understand how painful it is to be friends with a person you really want? She could still feel her heart ripping apart. If only she could clench it from pulsing every second, then maybe the pain would stop. What made her even more restless was the fact that Archie probably didn't understand. It's not hard on his end. All he had to do was reject her feelings, while she took all of the emotional pain in. But is it right for her to be mad? These thoughts kept spiraling around her head. She couldn't even sleep. Everything hurt too much to even try and forget about it. It was like a movie scene she couldn't seem to buffer past. 

-

"But, even if you don't like me- like that, I still want us to be friends. Best friends," Betty told Archie, trying to ignore her heart breaking apart as she spoke.

"You do?" Archie looked at her with a gleam of hope.

"... Yeah," Betty gave him a reassuring smile.

The two continued their walk to school forgetting what happened between them that night. Betty didn't want to admit it, but she still felt hurt. She didn't want to lose Archie though. I mean, he's been her best friend after all these years anyway. Betty tried to remind herself to be grateful for their friendship. 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Archie snapped Betty out of her thoughts.

"What? Oh, yeah I'm fine," Betty laughed. Damn it, did her face look sad or something?

-