it's peter parker.

"Did you hear about the new kid?" Kevin asked Betty.

"Yeah, I'm supposed to give him a tour," Betty replied, still trying to block Archie out of her mind.

"Well let me know if he's cute. See you later," Kevin dashed off.

Betty sighed and leaned back against her locker. She was told the boy's name was Peter Parker. But that's all. So who was she really supposed to be looking for? Just before she was about to walk away, someone gave her shoulder a sharp tap.

"Hey, are you Betty Cooper?"

Betty swung around with a smile, "Yes that's me."

"It's Peter Parker."

"Yeah, I know. You're late. We were suppose to meet in front of the school first thing in the morning."

Peter grinned awkwardly, "I'm sorry. I just had some uh-, issues this morning."

Betty let this one go, for she was already having too many emotional problems.

"No worries, let's go."

The two took a stroll around the school while Betty explained everything to Peter. She was actually enjoying talking to him since it was distracting her from Archie. Betty didn't know, but Peter wasn't listening to a word she was saying. He was too busy gazing at her beautiful face that seemed like heaven to him. 

"So, that's Riverdale Highschool for you. Here's my number incase you need anything else. Oh and there's the back to school dance this weekend."

"Oh, are you going?" 

"I don't know yet," Betty suddenly remembered how she would've liked Archie to ask her but that was obviously not happening anymore.

Impulsively, Peter wanted to ask Betty right then and there to go with him. But they only just met. Of course she would say no.

"Okay well, that's it for the tour. Have a good first day Peter," Betty waved goodbye to the handsome boy as she started to walk away.

"Hey, I'll see you around right?" 

"Yeah, see you."

When Betty was out of sight, Peter snapped at himself for not talking to Betty more. All he did was stare at her and not even ask one single question about herself. At least he know she's single, though.