S E V E N : T H I R S T

Jessie did not make any mention of her almost "escape". For her, it was a weakness. She did not want Theo to see her as that girl who still wanted her partner even after they cheated on her. She still loved Patrick, she could not deny that. You didn't just stop loving someone in the space of two weeks. She hated him but she still loved him.

Jessie sighed. It seemed she had been doing a lot of that lately. But she was so confused. She wanted Theo, he was.. something else. But she could not deny the fact that if Patrick came to her at that moment and groveled enough for her forgiveness, she was going to do just that.

She sighed again and laid her head back, closing her eyes. A few moments later, her eyes flew open as Theo opened the door on the driver's seat and got in, after having put the stuff he had gotten in the backseat.

"Did you get everything you wanted to get?", Jessie asked, trying to break the ice that had settled on their ride to the mall.

"Yeah, uh, except the... um, your underwear", Theo said with pinkening cheeks. Then he was quick to add, "I don't know your, um, your size and um, what you like"

Jessie laughed. It was the first time she had seen Theo flustered. Usually, he was either serious or very grouchy.
"It's okay Theo", she said, smiling brightly at him. He started the car and they headed back, the car ride still as silent as the first one. But this time around, it was peaceful.

Jessie felt gentle hands shaking her lightly. She opened her eyes slowly. Theo was the one in front of her, shaking her.

"Wake up Jessie", he said softly, when she closed her eyes to go into Dreamland once again.

Jessie woke up fully this time around and sat up straight. Theo backed away from her and held out his hands.

"The doctor said I should try on my own", Jessie reminded Theo.

"Yeah, but you have six weeks to do that. So let me help you now", he said, then held her and carried her into the house.

Jessie rolled her eyes, but still took the opportunity to snuggle contentedly into Theo's broad but comfortable chest.

Theo lay her on the couch. He stepped back and looked at her intently for a moment.

"Uh, anything wrong?", she asked him her cheeks heating up as she fingered nervously. The way his gaze made her feel...

She dropped her gaze and let it wander around the room. Theo cleared his throat and she gave him her attention once again.

"What do you want for lunch?", he asked her, making her widen her eyes comically.

"You actually asked for my opinion?", she asked jokingly.

The tips of Theo's ears got really red and he looked away, before finding her gaze again. "I'm sorry...", he started then trailed off when he realized she was joking.

He mock glared at her and strolled over to the kitchen area, which was visible from the living room and fortunately for Jessie, not far from the couch she was on.

As Theo was distracted, Jessie picked up her crutches and managed to stand up. She walked slowly into the kitchen and stood next to Theo, observing him as he had not yet realized she had left the living room.

His eyelashes are so long, she mused. And his lips were pink and... juicy. Jessie imagined how it would be to kiss him. Would he be controlling or would he be the sweet, soft but passionate type?

Jessie realized too late that she had been caught in her ogling. She blushed, something her skin tone hid.

"I- um, I wanted to- yeah. You know, see what you were... cooking?", she tried to justify herself, without Theo having to utter a single word.

"I'm just going to go back", she said, defeated and turned back towards the living room.

Jessie stopped when a warm hand held her back. "Wait", was all Theo said, then he brought a small stool on which she could put her leg, while sitting on a chair he had dragged from the dining room.

Jessie smiled and sat, a warm feeling in her chest. He was so attentive, and the little things he did, gave her all types of feels.

"Can I do anything to help?", Jessie asked, placing her hands on the kitchen worktop and putting her head on them.

"Try not to break the other leg", Theo joked, then continued chopping whatever he was chopping.

Jessie let out a small laugh and decided to observe him and a calming silence lulled over them.

Soon enough, her overactive imagination started playing her tricks...

Theo looked back at Jessie and smiled suggestively. "With the way you've been observing, I'm tempted to think you want me", he said with a bold wink.

"And if I do?", Jessie answered just as boldly, meeting his eyes squarely.

"Don't play with fire, Jessie. You might get burned", Theo said after a few seconds of thought, then picked up the knife had discarded and continued his chopping.

"I want to get burned", Jessie stated, already next to Theo. She did not know how she had gotten there so fast with her sprained ankle, but his words had ignited a fire in her.

Theo placed his knife down slowly, then turned to Jessie. He peered at her intently, apparently looking for something. In all evidence, he found it, because he placed his large calloused hands on her cheeks, the stroked her cheekbone line softly with his thumb.

"Are you sure?", he whispered, not waiting to ruin the mood.

Jessie's only answer was to pull down his head and place her soft lips on his luscious ones.

Jessie sighed in contentment and Theo took advantage of that to take control of the kiss. He took her bottom lip between his teeth and nibbled gently.

Then he let go of it and deepened the kiss. Jessie moaned and sent her hands through his hair when...

"Jessie are you alright?" Jessie shook out of her stupor and muttered something incomprehensible.

"I've been calling your name out for a while now. Are you okay", Theo asked, then, walked in her direction and placed a hand on her forehead.

Jessie almost moaned at the contact, but luckily managed to hold it in just in time. "Just thinking. Don't worry about it"

Theo opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, then closed it again and nodded, heading back to his vegetables. Jessie let out a breath of relief and cursed herself.

The one question on her mind was, how was she going to live with this Greek god now that she had actually started liking him?

***

Hey guys! Hope I'm not too late! It's still Thursday where I am, so I guess not.
So there is going to be some drama in the upcoming chapters
But first, how did you find Jessie's imagine 😂😂😂
She's thirsty lmao

If you liked it, vote and comment!!

Love, Essie