🌙E I G H T🌙

Time skip a couple months
______________________
I stand outside the tall building and exhale sharply smoothing over my black pencil skirt with my shaky hand, the other one intertwined with Grayson's who was beside me.
"I don't know if I can do this" you say looking at his brown eyes. "I don't know if I can see him again"
" Chey it's okay,I promise I'll be here with you the whole time." With that he gave my hand a light squeeze and pressed a kiss to my cheek. Then we finally made our way through the large wooden doors and down the hall , before we enter the court a look back to my bestfriend's Asher and Kim, hands locked tightly, Kim's hair was in a low bun like mine, and Ash's curls were smooth and relaxed atop his freckled face. Kim breaks the hold Asher has on her hand and scurries up to my side, squeezing my hand one last time before we walk through the gate and finally to the witnessed desk as Grayson sat beside me.
He was my support.
I turn my head to look at the man I once feared .
Jackson. he was not my brother, he may be biologically but brother means family and he was not my family.
Kim is my family
Asher is my family
and Grayson ?
he's my home

____________________________________

At the end of this trial I would never have to worry about Jackson Black ever hurting me again.
The pain still lives and so do the scars but when I walked out of that court room with my mother/lawyer I turned to my new family and realized

I was finally free of my sleepless nights.

*************************************************
OKAY OKAY IM SORRY ITS OVER IN 397 WORDS OKAY . I have literally had this ending written in my notes since November 28th. Like I said I wanted it to be a short story.Thank you sm for reading! Ily all . ✌🏻