Chapter 4- Doctor's Orders

I do not own Marvel or Percy Jackson or any related characters.

Bruce Banner

     It was good having Percy home. But he was different. He never eat at meals, and looked sickly. I could tell he was not sleeping well, despite what he says.

     One morning I was eating breakfast when he walked in. He looked extra terrible today. The bags under his eyes very prominent, and the blank look and his broken eyes was gut renching.

     "Morning" I told him in a false cheery voice.
     He nodded.
     "Hey, Perce, would you mind if I gave you a check up today?"
     "I'm fine Bruce."
     "Yeah well, I would like to just make sure. To make me feel better."
     He shook his head, "I'm fine, really"
     "Then you should have no problem with letting me give you a check up."
     He sighed, "Fine"

----------------------TIME-SKIP--------------------

     I walked into my lab with a grumbling teen following behind.
     "Sit on the table." I told him.
     He walked over and sat down without complaint.
     I went over to him and went through all of the basic tests. He was definitely underfed.
     "Percy, when was the last time you really had a full meal?"
     He shrugged, "Four, four and a half weeks ago." (Right before he fell into Tarterus)
     He wouldn't meet my eyes, "And why is that?"
     "I was unable to get food for about two weeks, only eating twice during that time, so it has been hard readjusting."
      I sighed, but finished running the tests.
     I noticed Percy felt a little warm. I knew his temperature always ran high, but it felt high even for him.
     "Percy," I handed him a thermometer, "take your temperature."
     He stuck the device in his mouth. After a moment I held my hand out, and he handed it to me.
     I looked at the numbers shown in the small device. 104.2.
     "Percy, your sick. Like very sick. Have you had any semptoms?" He shrugged.
     "Perce?"
     "I've thrown up a couple of times, and had a bit of a cough.
     "Why did you not mention this?"
     Another shrug."I guess I have just had so much going on, I didn't think about it."
     "Percy, you need to tell me when you are sick!"
      I walked over to a cabinet, and grabbed a bottle of medicine. I poured it into a small measuring cup, and handed it to Percy
     He drank it in one go, but quickly broke out in a coughing fit. He leaned forward, trying to calm his coughs, when he started throwing up. But it was not food that came up, but bile and blood.
     "Percy, here sit up" I sat him up so he was leaning against the wall.
     He sighed, "Oh, Bruce, just so you know, this is another reason why I have not been eating. I can't keep anything down." He told me waving his hand to the bile on the ground.
      "Perce, I would rather you not be able to keep down the food you eat, then throw up your insides because you have nothing else inside." I told him sternly.
     I gave him a minute to get himself together, then told him, "I need to go talk to Tony, and you need to eat something, then go back to bed."
     He sighed, but followed me out of my lab.

Tony Stark

     I was sitting with the rest of the team eating breakfast when Bruce and Percy walked in.
     "Hey guys, what's up?" I asked without looking up from my food.
     "Percy is sick" Bruce said suddenly.
     My head snapped up. Sure enough, the kid looked like the walking dead. He was kinda pale. His eyes were blood shot, with bags underneath. He looked unhealthy skinny, and his face was very red. He also looked dead tired.
     "What now?" I asked the doctor.
     "He has a fever" he answered.
     I walked over to my son who was now sitting at the table. I reached over and felt his head. He was hot.
     He pulled away from me. "Dad, please, don't worry I'm okay."
     "No your not," Bruce siad from the kitchen.
     I looked at him pleadingly. He looked back at me, his meaning clear. 'i will tell you, just not with others around'
     I nodded, signaling that I understood. Just then Bruce walked back in, carring a bowl of soup.
"Percy, eat this, then go to bed!"
The kid just nodded, and started slowing eating.

When he was finished, I walked with Percy, to his room. He sat down in bed, pulling blankets over him. After taking meds, he was very cold, because his body was trying to fight off his fever.
He patted the bed next to him and I sat down.
"Okay, Dad, this is gonna sound crazy, but just lestine to me." I nodded. So he told me everything.

---------------------TIME-SKIP---------------------

"So here I am." Percy was in tears as he finished his story. I wrapped my arms around him and held him tight. Not wanting to loose him, and let him back into the world that destroyed him.
"Okay, Percy you need to go to sleep. Doctor's orders remember?"
He nodded, "Doctor's orders" he muttered, "thanks Dad"
I smiled, "Night Perce"