Chapter One

(Autour: I forgot to mention that this is a sequel. The first book is "King of the World" on my account)

Though it was agonizingly painful, you pulled the sheets off your body and slipped out of bed, standing for the first time in a week. Your muscles begged for release, which you knew they'd get very soon.

You hobble over to the window doors leading to the balcony and try with all your might to push down the handle, which to a person in a healthy condition, would be equivalent to trying to pull down a very creaky handle when you're trying not to make a sound (meaning it took a while and the pressure you excerted on it was... rather applaudable for a person on the brink of death, but that's not really saying much, is it).

The doors finally swung open, which you were surprised by.

Your bendy legs wobbled through the threshold and tumbled you towards the railing of the balcony. The view no longer seemed as breathtaking as you first saw it... for what reason, you were still unsure of. Your trembling hand reached and grabbed onto the stone of the railing, hoisting you onto it, with great effort.

Once you were stood on the high railing, you simply took in the surroundings. The grey sky, grey trees, distant city with grey people. You had a sense that there were going to be many people you'd miss and a strange little part of you that would miss the someone you know you hate.

Taking a shaky breath, your foot launched forward and you began plummeting to the ground.

"You dropped something," a husky voice whispers into your ear. Who the hell...?

Daring to open your eyes again, you see the man from the fair, his outstretched wings and wind swept sparks of magic, allowing him to soar through the air, you in his arms. They slightly glowed a shade of pink. With him so close to you, you felt a pang of hope to keep living and a certain... completeness in your body, like you weren't sick at all...

...

Wait, the man from the fair!?

You spring to a sitting position in your bed, sweat drenching the covers and pillows. Glimmers of sunlight shone through the cracks in your blinds.

How? How was that random man from the fair in your reoccurring nightmares? And if he looks like Markiplier, why the hell haven't you been able to recognise him in your nightmares before? His character has come up in past nightmares you've had...

Fuck, you think you're having a panic attack!

You wheeze, jumping from your bed and frantically opening draws in your bedside table for something to help you calm down.

Your bedroom door creaks open, light streaming in.

"(Y/n), you should be eating breakfast by now," Benjamin comments, but as he stuck his head into the bedroom, he noticed your horrified expression and rushes over, sitting on the bed next to you. His eyes wore every shade of worry.

"In my nightmare, I recognised someone," you manage to whisper out, knowing that was exactly what he was going to ask,

Benjamin's brow furrows in confusion, seemingly just as dumbfounded as you, and somewhat angry, "What happened last night?"

"Well, I went around a fair with my friends-"

"Who? Anyone new?" He interjects,

"N-no, it was Beth, Edward and Pleoh," Benjamin seemed to be contemplating this, so you decide to continue your story, "We went on rides, and visited a fortune teller who told me that a demon we following me, and then-"