Chapter Two

I apologize for the long wait. I just didn't have the time to continue writing. This summer (2018), I will be updating on a regular basis.

Please, please, please vote if you are enjoying it. It will give me inspiration to continue writing.

Please comment anywhere that you see a mistake, this helps me when I come back and edit.

  :۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞: 

~Rory's POV~

They are all starring at me with blank expressions on there faces. I am almost certain that only 20 out of the 89 students in this class are listening to me.

"Please open your books to page 167. We are now going to talk about the French Revolution and the impact it had on other societies," I said I a monotone voice. I only heard a few pages start to flip and that confirmed my earlier suspicion of not even half the class listening.

"Thank you. Now please can someone tell me the year the French Revolution started?" I questioned the students. It was so quiet, I started to question why I became a Teacher's assistant.

I love history so when I decided that I was going to pursue it at university, despite what my parents and friends thought at the time. Well that was 3 years ago, now I am almost complete my degree and am a TA at the University of Lakeshore for a basic history class. Surprisingly this is one of the top universities in the whole country.

"Mr. Harrison, I believe it was 1789," a voice near the front said, snapping me out of my trance. Somehow, I expected this person to answer, he was always the one to answer my questions.

"Correct, thank you Mr. Allard. The French Revolution started in 1789 and lasted 10 years until it ended in 1799," I added, "the lower class over through the monarchy and as you probably all know famously executed Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette."

Pretty sure I just lost another 10 students to boredom. This was quite a boring class I must add, learning about the 'The great Revolutions and their impact on societies'. I am only teaching this class because the usual professor is out on maternity leave and there are only a few weeks left to the semester. I usually am just here to assist her in grading papers and helping with assignments. Most of my time is spent doing research for my 'Great women in history' class.

"Thank you, class. See you all after Easter break." It was the only thing most of the students heard all class. Suddenly, it was very loud, and all the students got up in a rush and left the room. This was my last thing of the day, so I was also rushing to get back to the library to continue my work.

I collapsed into a not so comfortable desk chair and let out a long sigh. I enjoyed being a TA, yes, but my true passion was research. I wanted to find something new, make a new discovery, have my name in the history books. I want to become apart of history, as all aspiring historians do.

I leaned forward against my desk and propped my head up with one hand. I opened the book I was studying on my desk to a random page and started reading it. I actually loved doing this, it made me happy.

I got lost in my work and was reading for hours. It was filled with stories from Ancient Egypt. What really caught my attention was this female character. It states that she appeared out of nowhere inside the palace. It says that they believed it was magic that brought her there.

Next to the text there was an image, well more a painting. It was a depiction of the mysterious woman. She wore pants, that's what caught my attention. This was not the typical fashion of the time, even men didn't wear pants that often and for a woman to wear them, well that was unheard of. The next thing I noticed was the colour of her long hair, they had it yellow. I have yet to see anyone depicted with yellow or blonde hair from a pictogram of this time period before.