6

Normani's POV

"hello?"

"Hello? Mani?"

"Dad?"

"Yes baby, how are you doing princess? I haven't spoken to you in like 2 months"

I grinned, "yeah I've been busy. How's Washington?"

"It's good. Would be so much better if you and your mom would come dow-"

"Dad I'm not moving down there. I've told you this a million times" I said grabbing an apple

"I know Normani, I was saying. It'd better if you guys would come and visit. I miss you guys"

"I miss you too dad"

"So how are you?" He asked me

I smiled as I walked back into my bedroom

Where a brunette-blonde mane of hair rested on my pillows, "couldn't be any better" I smiled

"Oh? Uhm is Zion finally treating you like you deserve to be treated?"

"Not necessarily" I said as I sat on the bed

"So who is this guy?"

I squinted my eyes, "who said it was a guy?"

"What are you implying babygirl? You're dating a-a female?"

"Technically. Is there a problem?" I shrugged as I ran my fingers through Dinah's hair

"So I move out to Washington. And you think it's okay for you to run out and date girls?!"

"If you have forgotten. I'm a grown women. I am not under you guys roof, anymore. I understand you are my dad. But you don't have the right to tell me if I'm wrong or not with who I'm dating"

"Normani kordei Hamilt-"

"No. I'm not finished. Yeah I miss you. But I don't miss your petty ass attitude. I'm not dating girls. Im dating a girl. Meaning one. And if you have a problem with that. Then don't get your hopes up ready to see me at an airport to jump in your arms. Because I'm not caring my ass nowhere near your milk dud looking ass. Understood?"

"Normani. What has gotten into you?!"

"No. Don't give me that. I have the right. Of course you're my dad. Yeah I love you. But I've sat and said nothing to you all my life. But you think I'm stupid don't you? On how you're actually in Chicago with some wrinkled ass woman, you think I didn't know huh?"

"Wait ho-"

"Make sure you're not stupid enough to butt dial mom your location too" I said as I hung up the phone.

I stare at the ground for a good 6 minutes. And walk into the restroom to take a good hot, steamy shower

About 5 minutes in. I feel a breeze of air come down on me

As I turn around to see Dinah

"I heard the conversation with your dad. That escalated way to quickly. I didn't see that coming. Why didn't you tell me that happened?"

"I had just found out while I was pooping last night" I said turning around

"Well no funny business. I just came in here to comfort you. You seemed pressed" she said moving my wet strands of hair out of my face.