Communication is Key

I've decided to write a drabble story of petplay/puppy play from a realistic perspective.

It'll be a multi-part story with varying degrees of learning how to navigate a new kink n' stuff.

Maybe some other people will pop up if I care enough.

I'm a pup myself in real life but I find good pup play stories lacking so--here's my go at it.

========================

The idea came to Ally, the dominant in their relationship, after noting Dinah gazing longingly at the wrestling pups at the local play parties.

It's not like they were new to the scene, they had been together for a few years now. Ally and Dinah both started perusing the local scene together after learning that both were definitely not vanilla and were curious as to what else was out there; and if one thing was for sure you would find and learn about something knew quite literally every time you went out to a play party or demo.

So after a year or two of exploring and learning in the kink scene, they came across a play party with mats on the floor. Mats and toys. But not the usual toys of pain and pleasure but squeaky toys. And soft pull toys. And a ball that glowed bright and made noises as it rolled along the floor.

Ally and Dinah were confused but decided to camp out by the mats to see what the fuss was about--and it did not disappoint.

Two men came up, one very much older than the other and urged the younger man to kneel. They watched with rapt attention as the man asked for a "paw" which was readily given to him, where he fastened an cage fighting glove to a hand then readily did it to the other.

The man then put the man in knee pads and then the final touch--the piece of resistance--a hood made to look like the face of a dog was tugged over the submissive man's head. The dominant man gave an easy grin then told him to speak and the first bark of the night rang out loud.

Ally watched as a few more pups joined in, all in varying states of dress and undress. They barked, howled, and wrestled--chased squeaky toys thrown by nearby watchers and ate treats from the palms of their handlers.

It was fascinating and sometimes very adorable...and kind of hot. She turned to her own submissive, opening her mouth to speak--only to stop when she saw Dinah's face.

The Polynesian girl was focused in a way that she had rarely seen. Brown eyes were looking at a pup girl with her own hood, mitts, and knee pads. The girl also had a leather harness of brown leather and gold accents with a thick brown leather collar with a dangling gold tag. She was currently wrestling at a soft toy as her owner laughed and tugged at it, urging her sweet 'Lolo' to pull harder.

Ally watched the envy for a few more moments then spoke softly, "Dinah, baby."

"Hm?"

"Something you want to tell me?"

Brown eyes seemed to blink back into focus as Dinah glanced at Ally.

"Er--" Dinah's eyes glanced suddenly at another scene on an St. Andrew's Cross.

"Interesting scene over there--"

A terrible diversion.

"Baby."

"Not now? L-later?"

Ally squinted, crossing her legs on her stool and nodded.

"Alright. Fetch me something to drink."

"Yes ma'am."

The girl practically scurried off to the small snack table for iced lemonade for her Ma'am, cheeks ablaze.

Ally stayed, watching as the pup named 'Lolo' finally pulled the toy out of her owner's grasp, shaking the toy between her teeth before dropping it at her owner's feet. The woman grinned and began to pet and scratch through long black locks as she gave coos and praise that the girl seemed to drink up, eyes closed and butt wagging back and forth with barely surpressed happiness.

"Hm."

---------------

This continued for months. Every time they were both free and able to go to a local play party or demo, Dinah would eventually find herself by the pet play area. She noticed that puppies weren't the only pets or animals around. Sometimes there were kittens. The occasional horse. A bunny had made an appearance. There had even been a cow. That was interesting. But Dinah Jane always found her focus falling to the puppies. Ally would say she was going to look at the rope play and for her to be a 'good girl and wait for her' and Dinah would scurry off to the mats.

Something within her ached to be down on all fours along with the other pups. They seemed so carefree and happy, only focused on pinning the next pup or the squeaky toy beneath their paws.

It almost looked like how she felt after a scene with Ally. Those always made her happy and relaxed. But this seemed different. Something where she was present but also able to let out the troublesome excitable energy that often got her in trouble with her Miss.

So Dinah would watch until Ally would call her over, where she ran over and would act as if she were at another demo.

"That piercing play demo definitely wasn't for me."

"Flogging looks like something I want to try, Miss."

"Can we try wax play sometime, Miss?"

Ally would only smile and tug her down by the chin for a soft kiss with a note of affirmation which would make Dinah feel like she got out without trouble.

------------------------------

In fact, she didn't.

As she came home from work one day, huffing and stripping out of her sneakers and her jacket, hanging them on the coat rack and tidily placing said sneakers off to the side--the house was silent.

No pots and pans clanging with her girlfriend's cooking, no soft humming, not even the sound of the TV.

It was eerily quiet.

Nervous, Dinah made her way slowly into the house. The living room was empty and so was the kitchen. Their office was empty which only left the bathroom and their bedroom.

Considering the bathroom door was ajar with the light off and the bedroom door was open with the light on--there was only one place for Ally to be.

"Ally?"

"Dinah, welcome home."

"Hi baby, thank you...you okay?"

"Yeah. Everything is okay baby. However, we need to talk."

==========================

Next up--The Talk--in which the two talk about exactly why Dinah is refusing to talk about this as well as negotiating how to make sure this fulfills the two of them.

I'll get there when I gets there.

Anyways, das it folks. See ya'll on the flip.

-Pup (they/them)