The Realms Of Science

Dimitri's POV

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Dimitri's POV

I was running through the forest, running to find a way out, running to civilization and running towards a hope to bring back Rose.

The night was deathly still, and that stillness matched that in my heart. Rose's transformation, especially when I had broken my promise, was too much to bear.

I started running again.

Suddenly I felt a sharp tinge of shock, followed my a sensation of weightlessness. It felt as if the world had turned upside down. At one I was floating and at the next falling and there was an eerie red light engulfing me.

When the light disappeared, I found myself just where I was.

What had just happened?

My reverie was broken by the shrill whistling sound and something shot out from behind a bush, hitting me squarely on the chest.

I lost my balance and the soft object fell right on top of me.

"What the heck?" a female voice cried out.

That was a voice I could recognize anywhere, the voice which I had heard a few hours ago, only it was colder and deadlier.

This voice was warm and so was the body I so longed to touch.

"Roza?" surprise was evident in my voice.

"Dimitri? You here? But how? You were missing. Did they leave you? Did you escape? Oh tell me," she enquired excitedly.

"Umm... I don't understand what you mean," I was utterly surprised.

The most troubling of all was that Rose was perfectly normal. Not a, Strigoi anymore. And how was that possible if I was not dreaming.

Further I observed her. She seemed to have matured suddenly. She definitely was as beautiful as ever, but with added curves, giving her a more feminine look.

I heard the cry of a baby, a soft whimper.

Then as my eyes lay upon Rose, I saw that she had a baby strapped to her back. The baby was moving it's hands, cooing and making funny sounds, beckoning to me.

"Who's this?"

She gave me a look which said I was crazy.

"Dimitri! Tell me you don't remember Alexandra! Did they erase your memory? Aren't you Dimitri? Oh no! Don't come near me," she jumped back in panic, drawing out a funny looking metallic object.

She pressed a button and immediately a blinding column of light shot up from the blunt end until it formed a sword of lightning.

"Roza, please," I backed away, holding out my hands in a pose of surrender, "I won't hurt you."

She gave me a pointed look.

But before we could say anything further, there was a slow, grinding noise and I could see panic in her eyes.