Destined - Choices

Rose's POV

"When I was running away from Lissa, trying to find out your location, I accidently fell into a time portal that she had opened. We fought against drones of the future and against other hi tech gadgets that Strigoi of that time fought with. Her Dimitri had been captured and she, like you are, set out alone, with baby to bring him back," he explained, "Alexandra was with me for a while then."

"I told you Dimitri about your location and also showed him that your destiny was written definitely, but also warned him that destiny and fate could change," the Rose of future spoke up, "After I rescued Dimitri, I looked into the time scope with the tracker I had stealthily placed on Dimitri and saw that you were in danger. I knew that your future was going in a different way. If you had died today, we would have ceased to exist. So we immediately teleported here to come and help you."

"But why did our future differ?" I wasn't still convinced.

"You came here to save Lissa," she said pointing to the frozen forms of Lissa and Christian, "Your Dimitri agreed to come with you. My Dimitri had somehow convinced me to leave without her, taken me back to the academy, restored me and came back with a full army to rescue Lissa. You both took a wrong decision to come here and hence putting us, I mean your future at peril."

That was really confusing. But one thing was clear, our decision had been wrong, but there was no going back now. We had to go forward, rescue Lissa and place her back on the throne.

"But now that it is done," Dimitri asked, as if reading my thought, "What do we do now? These two have gone without feeding for long. We need to find a spirit user who could charm a stake with the healing magic and plunge it into their heart to restore them. They are going out of control."

'Since we came here," said the Dimitri of future, "I guess we can make things a bit better for you. You don't need a spirit user to restore Strigoi in our times. Turning to a vampire has become so common that we had to device new ways. Now we have spirit infused bullets and guns which can create a field of energy equal to the healing charm of elemental spirit. Once the bullet is aimed at their heart, the bullet disappears, only the spirit aura which is actually a high energy cosmic field stays around, healing and turning them back. We can use that if you allow us."

"That is awesome," Dimitri commented.

I looked at the Rose. She shook her head. We both laughed. Science was never my strength at the academy.

But suddenly I remembered something, "Umm. Could I talk with you about something?"

The Rose looked at me wonderingly, but said, "Yes?"

I dragged her away from the two men, took her hands in my shivering ones and tried to say something, but my mouth wouldn't work. My tongue was dry. There was just on truth I needed to know.

She noticed my hesitation and took my hands lovingly.

"Yes, go on,' she encouraged.

I silently pointed at Alexandra.

"Oh!" she smiled, 'I get it now. You wanted to know about baby. Yes, Alexandra is my baby, my own baby, my flesh, my blood, born in my womb. Are you satisfied?"

"But how?" I managed to blurt out.

"Advancements in science. You're too young to know all of that now just take care of yourself and Dimitri and don't jump into unnecessary risks. You'll get what you want. Just remember, friendship and loyalty is at its own place, but at some point of time, you need to draw the line of difference between friendship and dedication and obsession. I know you love Lissa, but remember in your life, whenever you're faced with choices between love and loyalty, just remember Alexandra and remember your life matters. It's not always the moroi first and I learnt it the hard way. I don't want you to suffer the way I did as I was too engrossed with my duty."

With this words, she strode away leaving me pondering. Was I getting obsessed with my duty and friendship, ignoring my life and love?

After all, forcing Dimitri to come save Lissa immediately was a manifestation of the same obsession.

I could hear her warning voice in my head, "YOU NEED TO DRAW THE LINE. IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE MOROI first."

Ironically, Dimitri had said those things to me, long before. It seemed like another life now, another dream.

784 words
To be continued...

A/N Written for the black belt write to rank contest by action

Thanks Pipigrin KashishBelikov Meghana_violet
JoeRover2 KlaraSofe JenniferJones frostwingak TwilightGirl32 dodsley edelmeehan teamhathaway ebartlett03 Ranger_of_the_North