1

aaliyahs p.o.v
the music was loud, people were dancing and singing along to rockstar by post malone. i was alone at the kitchen counter, resting my chin on the palm of my hand. the lights were flashing all different colors as the smell of alcohol and sweat filled my nose.

i never really went out much, usually only with my friends, but they were all on vacation. this is a party my cousin held at his friends mansion. "aaliyah, how's it going? where's your friends?" i smiled up at the guy handing out drinks.

"they're all on vaca. i decided to come alone, not drinking though. id have no ride home." he frowned down at me, moving a piece of my hair from my eyes.

"lil xan is said to be coming." my eyes widened as everyone was screaming. the music quieted down as THE lil xan walked into the front door. he looked at me and winked.

2 hours later
i haven't seen diego since he got here. i just sat at the counter the whole time talking to mike. "hey, lil mama." diego moved my hair from my neck, leaving kisses down my chest. i close my eyes, tilting my head up towards the ceiling.

he sucked harshly on my neck, sliding his hands in my shirt. he picked me up as he slid under me. i rested my head on his chest, breathing lightly. diego laid his hands on my ass as i looked down at him. "why me?" i questioned as i ran my hands shakily over his face tats.

"what?"

"why did you walk over to me? there's plenty of other girls here that are prettier than me."

"you're the most beautiful girl here. plus, i heard your cousin say you were single."

i leaned down, connecting my lips to his, smiling against it. he moved his hands up and down on my sides, kissing my neck softly.

"xan, we gotta go. pumps coming and yuh that shiz is gonna be dumb as fuck."

"my girlfriends coming with," he looked back at me as he motioned me to get up with him. "i don't want him to try and take her like all the others." i smiled at my boyfriend, walking towards the exit while holding his hand in mine.

end of chapter 1