xxv ; taehyung's confession (pt. 2)

Jimin cursed under his breath as he fumbled with his keys, struggling to hold his dance bag and his physiology textbook as he tried to get the key into the lock. The textbook had just slipped from where it had been held between his arm and his side when a hand appeared in his field of vision and caught the textbook just before it hit the ground. He looked up with wide eyes to see his saviour, only to be met with the last person he expected to see.

"Hyung?" he questioned, unable to keep the confused note from his voice.

Yoongi looked unfazed, despite this being their first encounter since dinner at Seokjin's house and everything that had come after. "Hi, Mi— Jimin." Now he looked flustered, a gentle pink painting his cheeks. "I thought you were at dance."

"Uhm, yeah, I was... Tae wanted me back for lunch though," Jimin explained, stumbling over his words as Yoongi wordlessly took the gym bag from his arms and slung it over his shoulder. Jimin barely managed to stop him from taking the keys, stammering, "it-it's okay now, tha-thank you, hyung."

"Wait, Taehyung wanted you back for lunch? That's why I'm here too," Yoongi said, looking at Jimin with confusion in his eyes.

"Oh? He.. He didn't mention that he had invited you over..." Jimin said slowly, half afraid of offending his hyung and the other half just trying to process what exactly was happening.

Yoongi gave a deep sigh. "Why do I feel like he's up to something?"

Jimin shook his head. "Because he totally is." Sliding the key into the lock, he unlocked the door and pushed it open, gesturing towards it with a turn of his head. "C'mon in, I'll take my stuff, thanks for holding it, hyung."

Yoongi gave him the bag and textbook, adverting his eyes from Jimin's bright smile. He walked into the apartment, Jimin following and closing the door behind him. They followed the smell of food and stepped into the kitchen, where Taehyung was standing making three cups of tea. Jimin felt a pang in his heart as he watched his best friend carefully adding a single levelled teaspoon of sugar to one of Jimin's favourite cups. Having heard them come in, Taehyung turned to look at them, and Jimin felt like someone had just punched him in the gut.

Taehyung's eyes were red and slightly shiny, as if he had been crying for a while and hadn't quite been able to stop. His cheeks were raw with rubbing at them and his boxy smile was shaky and hesitant. "Hi," he said softly, sniffing quietly and looking down at his toes.

"Taetae, you okay?" Jimin asked, crossing the distance between them and wrapping his arms around Taehyung's abdomen.

"Mmhm," Taehyung nodded, "I just, uhm... I need to talk to you two about something."

"Tae... what's the matter?" Yoongi asked in the most gentle voice Jimin had ever heard from him, and he figured that his hyung was as worried about this as Jimin himself was.

Taehyung moved back from the hug and wiped his eyes with the sleeves of his sweater. "Here, I made tea and I have food - sit down and we can talk." He turned back to the cups of tea, picking up Jimin's favourite cup and the cup they kept in their apartment for guests. He carried them over to the table and set them down in the centre, so they could sit wherever they wanted and then take their tea.

Jimin and Yoongi sat down opposite each other, leaving a space for Taehyung at the head of the table so he was within reaching distance of them both. As the smell of food got stronger, they looked over to see Taehyung taking two takeaway boxes from where he had been keeping them warm in the oven.

He set them down on the table with an apologetic smile, "Sorry. I was going to cook after I invited you both but we had nothing in the kitchen so I just got both your favourites from the restaurant. I hope that's okay?"

"That's really sweet of you, thank you, Tae," Yoongi assured him with his gummy smile. Jimin looked down at his lap and tried not to think about how his stomach still flipped at that smile, instead joining in with his own chorus of thank you.

"So, what's up?" Jimin asked after Taehyung had taken a seat with his own tea. As soon as he spoke, Taehyung looked nervous and they heard him audibly swallow.

"Okay, so..." Taehyung exhaled shakily. "Promise me you won't get mad at me?"

Jimin made eye contact with Yoongi, who looked as worried as Jimin felt. "Neither of us are going to get mad, Tae," the oldest said, hesitantly reaching out and putting his hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung nodded slowly and took a breath. "I... I really like you both." A fierce blush rose up on his cheeks and neck, and Jimin saw his eyes fill with embarrassed tears before he closed them. "A lot. A-And I'd li-like to take both of you out... on a date." For a few long seconds there was silence, which was finally broken by Taehyung's quiet sniffle. "I... I understand if you want to leave."

That was too much for Jimin; he broke down into tears, burying his face in his hands. "K-Kim Taehyung, you f-fucking idiot."

"I'm sorry!" Taehyung cried out, and Jimin pulled his hands away.

"Don't apologise!" he exclaimed. He reached out, placing his hands on either side of Taehyung's face, and pressed their lips together for a brief second. "Do not apologise. I have loved you for years, I just didn't know it."

"B-But what about Yo—" They looked over to Yoongi, who was staring at the table, his eyes shiny with tears. "Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung questioned quietly.

"I was crushing on you already, Tae," Yoongi said quietly. "But now I think I'm in love with you."

The tears started flowing down Taehyung's cheeks again and he practically fell out of his chair to wrap his arms around Yoongi's neck and hug him tightly. Unsurprisingly, Yoongi worked with the awkward angle and squeezed Taehyung back just as tight. Jimin quickly got out of his seat and rounded the table to join the hug, and - no matter how cliché it sounded - he suddenly felt whole... like this was the place he was supposed to be.

"I love you both so much," he whispered, so quietly that he didn't think either of them would hear him.

"We love you too, Chim," hTaehyung replied softly, and a millisecond later Yoongi added, "So, so, so much."