Chapter Fifteen

Draco seemed more assertive by the following week. The hollowness in his eyes was gone and he no longer drifted around like a ghost. He'd ditched Crabbe and Goyle, and spent his time with Harry, and consequently Hermione. Harry had realised that if was stuck with bookworms he would have to spend a lot of time in the library, and so that was where they found themselves on one particularly homework-filled night.

*

"So, what are we starting with?" Asked Harry, rubbing his forehead. He had a throbbing headache already and feared beginning his colossal heap of work. OWLs was a lot more stressful than he'd thought.

Hermione looked up, determination evident in her eyes. "Potions," she declared. "That Draught of Peace essay."

Harry groaned. It wasn't a very peaceful topic, at all. Draco gave him a look.

"It has to be done, Harry," he reminded gently.

"Think how pleased you will be to have done it," added Hermione encouragingly.

Harry took one look at the expectant faces and knew he had no choice.

*

Thirty minutes later, they'd finished. This was a task that usually took Harry two hours to complete on his own, even with the usual 'making things up' tactic he'd adopted.

"So, what's next?" Hermione questioned brightly.

Harry had been about to answer when he felt red-hot pain run through his scar. He screamed, clutching at it, and all pandemonium broke out.

Students appeared from behind the bookshelves, worried, and Hermione sent them off for Madam Pomfrey.

"And get Professor Snape," Draco ordered a young Slytherin. "He's more knowledgeable than Pomfrey about head injuries, and the mind."

Harry appeared semi-conscious – he was moaning and writhing in pain as Hermione laid a comforting hand on his arm.

"Is it a vision, do you think?" She whispered to Draco.

He nodded seriously. "I think so. It's related to his scar, and therefore it probably is, yes."

Madam Pomfrey and Professor Snape arrived soon after and conjured up a stretcher for Harry. Hermione and Draco followed nervously to the Hospital Wing, where Madam Pomfrey laid him on a bed and closed the curtains around him before retreating to her office. Draco turned to the Potions Master.

"Do you think it's a vision?" He asked apprehensively.

Yes," replied the professor. "But, of what, I don't know, unless..."

He strode over to the bed and pulled back the curtains. Then he bent over Harry and peeled back one eyelid. He remained still, staring into the boy's eyes until there was a shout from Madam Pomfrey.

"Professor Snape, what are you doing?" She cried, angry. "You shouldn't be distressing my patient..."

The man blinked, before interrupting the nurse. "He's dreaming about the door again," he whispered.

Hermione looked at Draco.

"Which door?"

"Again?"

The two spoke simultaneously. Professor Snape looked at them both.

"It doesn't matter what door," he said, evading the question. "But he has that same dream for the past few months. I see it in his eyes in class. He needs to learn Occlumency."

"Severus Snape, were you performing Legilimency on the poor boy?" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed, hands on hips.

The Potions Master ignored her again and strode out, beckoning the two students to follow him.

"We need to tell Dumbledore," he said lowly.

"But how?" Asked Draco. "He's in hiding."

"I'll think about it," replied the professor, "but I'll need your help, you two."

"Of course," Hermione said immediately.

"Anything to rebel against Umbridge," Draco shrugged, repeating his past words about his father and the Dark Lord.

"Good. Now scarper. We hardly need Umbridge to become wise to the situation."

Hermione and Draco looked at each other before walking away in opposite directions. Umbridge would never find out.

*****

A.N. I feel like this is a really disappointing chapter but I looked at the synopsis I gave at the beginning and realised I was extremely off track. This is me trying to get back in the right direction.

I'm also sorry for Severus being so out of character but, considering he's Draco's godfather and the fact that he's protecting Harry, it seems right that he's helping them.

Thank you for reading (if you bothered) and please comment to give advice or criticism - either's appreciated!