Prologue

I've never would've thought that my life would be what it is today.

Before I was taken into this lifestyle, I was just an innocent teenage girl. I had no idea that my life would fall apart at the age of 16. Growing up in the hood, anything is possible. Thing is I learned how to expect the unexpected off of people.

Unlike most teenage girls from the Oakland streets, I was the oddball out. I made sure I attended school every day and stayed out of trouble.

I kept myself out of harm's way by not dealing with people or these boys. My grandmother, Ruby Always told me that these boys were trouble and to stay away from them. I listened to my granny.

I've always only had two friends Neek and Gabby.

Neek was older then me and Gabby, she was about 20 years old. She had beautiful dark skin and honey brown eyes, with a body out of this world.

Neek was the nonchalant one, she had that " IDGAF" attitude like she didn't care about a thing on this earth. Neek had a 2-year-old son, she held it down for hers. Gabby was 15 years old. She was the biggest slut in the city. I honestly don't know why I associate myself with a female like her.

She had no respect for herself or other people. I met her through Neek at CellyBo birthday party a year ago. Gabby was cool besides her slut ways.

She was brown skin with big lips and big brown eyes, Her body features screamed 21, but she indeed was 15. Guys would know her age and still mess around with her.

Then there was I, Myracle Whitaker. Your typical Light Skin girl with curly hair, and Hazel eyes. My face was full of freckles, that I got from my dad.

My father died when I was 8 years old, we were really close and there was no doubt that he didn't love me. I'm a daddy's girl forever.

When my dad died my mother, Veronika, begin to drink heavily. The neglect of my mom gotten even more real when I caught her doing cocaine.

That broke my heart, but I didn't bother showing emotion. I kept myself busy with working and going to school trying to complete my senior without any distractions.