II.

Ry's House

Ryan was so pissed off at his baby mother. She knew how to grind his gears.

Nai was asleep, I laid her down in her room. I loved her as if she was my own child. It's just so fucked up a child so beautiful came from a horrible ass woman.

Nai's mom wasn't a role model, and that's something every little girl deserves growing up into a world like this.

I headed downstairs to check on Ry but he wasn't in the living room. I went upstairs and heard the shower running. I decided to find something to eat.

I plugged my phone into the speaker and turned my playlist on. After searching the fridge for something to make, I decided to cook his favorite meal.

Fettuccine Pasta, Broccoli, Baked Chicken, and garlic bread.

Ry didn't really cook often, and he fasho didn't know how to grocery shop. I always made sure he had a home-cooked meal every once in awhile, that's what best friends are for right?

I set the table and finished preparing the meal.
Ry still hasn't exited his room.

I know he was still upset, I woke Nai up first before going to get him.

"Nai baby, wake up its time to eat mamas," I said interrupting her little nap.

She opened her eyes and smiled.

"You ready to eat baby?" I asked her, she rubbed her eyes and nodded her head.

"Yes," she answered.

"Come on, let's go get your daddy then wash your hands," I suggested.

I knock on Ry's bedroom door and walked in with Nai on my hip. He laid there looking at the walls, he seemed to be angry, which was expected.

He smiled at the sight of Nai, "Hi daddy's girl." he said holding his arms out.

I put her down and she ran into her daddy's arms, there was no doubt he loved his daughter and there was no doubt she loved him.

"I cooked dinner, go wash y'all hands im finna go make plates," I said.

"How you create a meal, I ain't ever have too much of nothing down there." He asked.

"Boy that's how women work, we turn nothing into something!" I chuckled walking out of the room.

Shortly, we were all at the table eating.

"Myriii you cook better than daddy!" Nai giggled.

"Yo daddy don't even know what cooking is." I laughed.

Ry mugged the fuck out of me, "First of all I do now how to cook nobody asked y'all Lil membrane asses." He clarified.

"Yeah whatever." I laughed.

After dinner, Ry washed the dishes and I gave Nai a bath. When we were all done cleaning up and getting settled, we decided to watch a movie.

"What we watching?" Ry questioned.

"Moana!" I grinned.

"Yes! or princess and the frog" Nai added.

"How about set it off?" Ryan asked.

"Naw nigga, Princess in the frog it is," I answered pressing play.

For the remainder of the night, we watched cartoons until Nai fell to sleep. I laid her in her bed.

When I came back downstairs, Ryan was in the backyard smoking a blunt.

"You good Ry?" I interrupted.

"Yes I'm fine shawty, I appreciate you staying with us tonight. I would beat the fuck out of my baby mama." He admitted.

"I know and you don't need to do that, I'll handle her ass," I replied.

"Man on my mama, I regret fucking with that dumb ass girl she does the utmost disrespectful shit I've ever seen," Ryan concluded.

I know he was over her bullshit, but beating her ass wouldn't have got him anywhere but a jail cell.

"Sometimes you gotta let Karma deal with bitches like her... I'm going to bed, goodnight Ry." I replied.

"Goodnight Babygirl," he replied.

All I wanted to have was some good sleep because, after today's drama, I was surely overwhelmed.