i.

Joohyun sat down after a long period of rehearsal. She unzipped her small violet backpack and took her rubber water bottle inside to drink. She wouldn't want to be dehydrated for tomorrow's big event.

Along with two other trainees, her name will be announced to the public tomorrow as an official member of SM entertainment's pre-debut training team, SM Rookies. Her company informed her that she'd be debuting soon enough, as a leader of the girl group Red Velvet. Though the exact date and the other members in the planned group remained unknown, she was already preparing herself to be able to step in the limelight without unease.

She smiled as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She was happy. Her dream of becoming one of the universe's biggest idol was finally being fulfilled. She sacrificed so many, so many things just to make this possible; and it was finally time.

"Irene-ssi!" Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice calling her name. Her new name. It belonged to a girl, who was now crouching in front of her.

"Lami." Joohyun acknowledged the presence of the girl in front of her. She was one of the trainees who will be introduced tomorrow with her. "What brings you here?"

"Don't you know, Irene-ssi? Some of our really famous sunbaenims are going here in our company's building today! You know that really popular boy group which are our seniors, right?" Lami giddily said, her grin so wide as if it reached the sky.

Joohyun just shrugged.

"Uh, who?"

What a dumb question she had asked.

EXO was the current trend group. Of course, she knew of them; everybody else does. Her co-trainees even regularly listen to their songs.

She just wanted to pretend she didn't know. She constantly ignored news or anything related to that boy group because of him. He left her for EXO; and now, they are successful more than ever. All because of one man, she reached her lowest point before. On the other hand, they were reaching heights during that time.

She hated it.

She hated him.

"Ah, you're so oblivious!" Lami seemed to buy her question because she let out an exasperated sigh.

"I'm such a big fan of them, you know! Growl is usually played when we practice right? Heol, it's really popular in the country right now. I heard their fangirls are crazy, too. PLUS, I saw some news awhile ago that the whole airport was packed because of them," she said with so much admiration, Joohyun thought that the only thing missing now were imaginary hearts that'd surround the fangirl talking to her.

"Have you seen it? Wah, I guess fame isn't really easy to handle. EXO is really –"

Too tired to listen to Lami's constant rambling, she fished out her earphones from her bag and plugged it into her ear.

Maybe now the girl infront of her will take the hint that she's not interested about her "admiration" for the said boy group.

At least that's what she's convincing herself to think.

"Who cares?" she mumbled as she buried her head into her knees, trying not to be bothered with the idea of seeing him.

Yet..

'Today you'll see him.'

"So what?", she hoped she didn't look insane right now talking to herself, her words muffled by her black sweatpants.