iii.

Irene has never wanted to skip a date on the calendar so bad.

If only there was a next button in this world, she wouldn't have hesitated to press it just to escape the dreaded day of meeting Junmy— of meeting a certain guy again.  Unfortunately for her, that day was today.

She intentionally slept on the ringing of her alarm and if it wasn't for Seulgi's constant bugging, she wouldn't have woken up. The comfort that her bed offered was inescapable, inviting her to drift into unconsciousness once more.

"Five. More. Minutes," she groggily said, eyes barely open as she felt an insistent tug on the sleeve of her oversized shirt.

"Stop making excuses, Bae Joohyun. You can't avoid him forever."

"I'm not avoiding him. And how many times do I have to remind you of using honorifics?"

"Right." She sarcastically agreed.

"Well, Irene-unnie," Seulgi stresses the suffix all too well to express her unwillingness to say it, "If you've really moved on, why do you have problems seeing him again?"

"I am over him. The problem is, he might not be over me, which is a nuisance," Irene reasons out, not bothering to move an inch from her bed. Seulgi rolls her eye.

"I think its the other way around, though." Her co-member heaves a sigh.

Irene's feels the bed dip due to intrusive weight and her eyes snap open.

"Don't sit on my bed," she tries to push Seulgi away.

"I'm not going away unless you lift your lazy ass up and finish your job for today. You're the leader, set an example."

"What have you eaten today? Where did all those words come from?"

"I'm saying this out of concern. You mind him too much and I think its unhealthy. Show up to that photoshoot and get some closure."

"...unless you're afraid for old feelings to resurface...?" Seulgi teases, propping her elbow to the older's pillow.

This makes Irene immediately sit up and begrudgingly walk towards the bathroom. "Fine. I'll be done in ten minutes."

"I'm only going to this shoot as proof that I'm done with everything involving him. Proof to you. Be grateful."

"Hm," Seulgi could only say as she watches Irene open the knob and close the door to prep herself for the day.

The atmosphere was awkward. Tense almost. Even the camera man felt uncomfortable.

The only thing lifting up the mood of the room was Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol's constant bickering, and the rest of the group finds this funny so they laugh. Their synchronized laugh eases her up a bit, makes her a little less farther from suffocating.

The group introduced themselves to her the moment she arrived.

Comically, they aligned themselves, a hint of mischief in this act. Names were being exchanged one by one, along with friendly gestures (she tries).

One, two, three.

The first three all offered to shake hands but she only responded with a small smile. They accepted it.

Four, five, six.

She formally bows her head to each member. They compliment her. She acknowledges it. They are her seniors after all.

Seven, eight.

The two were both foreign members. They said their names were Yixing and Luhan and that they were pleased to meet her. She could care less. He was nearing. She was getting more conscious.