Invitation

•Jun•

When Leona went to bed that night, I stayed up thinking about what all had happened. If Leona had gotten upset over something so little like that, then Hoseok must be way more than I think he is to her..

A few hours later, the phone rang but I let it go to voicemail.

"Hey. It's Leona. You know I'm not good at doing stuff like this so leave a message at the tone and.. whatever you're supposed to afterwards.."

Beeeeeeeeeeeep!

"I'm just gonna talk like I'm talking to who I want to right now.. Um.. Hi, Jun.. This is Hoseok. If you're there at Leona's place, I really need to talk to you about something. Please get back to me on it. Delete this voicemail if you hear it. Also, if you don't call me back, I will be the one dropping off the invitation to Leona's place while she's gone with Mira. So.. Please.. I'll swing by around the same time that Leona leaves but I'll make sure that she doesn't see me. So.. yeah.. Call me back or wait until tomorrow. Than-."

Beeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Leona's voicemail is always cutting him off.. It's silly.. Almost as if it knows she doesn't want to hear from him.

Foolishly, I fell into a deep sleep without getting up to delete the voicemail or take down his number first. Luckily, I was able to get up earlier than Leona and apparently pissed her off so bad that her only focus was to get out of the house.

She hadn't noticed that I had gotten dressed up or that I was fixing breakfast for more than one person. She especially hadn't cared to give me so much as a sideways glance.

Rule number one: Don't bring up Hoseok and sensitive areas in one sentence. Even as a joke.

I love her, regardless though. I'll win her back tonight. About an hour later, there was knock on the door and Hoseok stood at the door with a piece of paper sitting upright in his hand before turning it horizontally and handing it to me.

"Jun."
"Jung." I nodded.
"I know we are not on the best of terms concerning Leona, but please.. Let Me Explain." I opened the door a little wider and allowed him to follow in after me.

"Your breakfast is very cold since you came an hour late."
"I'm sorry?"
"Ah.. Later.. I meant to say later." I tried to disguise my sarcasm to sound less rude.
"Ah. It's alright. I'm grateful that you even thought to make breakfast for me." He smiled a little and I could see a little bit of pain in his eyes. But from what? I didn't know. Nor did I care, as long as it had nothing to do with Leona.

"Thank you for the food." He said, once finished. "I came here today to talk to you about the wedding."
"Listen, Jung."
"Hoseok." I slightly glared at him.
"You've done enough. Leona's heartbroken because of you. So don't try to play the victim."
"No no. You don't understand. Just.. Just please listen." With a sigh, I tuned in my ears to a story that would make absolutely no sense and perfect sense all at the same time.

"You did WHAT?"
"I know. It was stupid. But even if I had said no, Mira would've just taken it as a yes!"
"Hoseok, how dumb can you be? And what kind of friend is that? Pressuring and forcing you into something that I am 90% sure will result in two broken hearts instead of what you want to happen." I was livid.

▪Hoseok▪

"How could you possibly think that she would ever want to start her marriage on a lie? Especially to you."

I stood up. "What do you mean?"
"You know exactly what I mean."
"Listen, if this is about our breakup-."
"What else would it be about? Listen. I don't need you to hurt her again."
"Jun. You have it all wrong."
"How?"
"We never broke up.."

"What?"

"It surprised me too.. but.. She got up, tried to break up with me and left. On my graduation day.. On the day I was gonna propose.." I had begun to explain to him what all had happened that day and for me, it just got worst. "Sh-she just kept saying how she wasn't good enough for me, how by staying with her I would be keeping myself from something greater and how I would be making the biggest mistake of my life. But I've never felt that way about her. I've always heard her say stuff like that about herself to me but I would always deal with it the same way. Argue about it.. In a good way.. And just try to show her how incomplete my life would be without her.."

"And look at you now." He said. Lifting his eyebrows. "Fake marriages and stuff just to get the one you love back."
"I know I should've done better.. Maybe even fly after her.. But.. I figured that if.. If maybe.. She could live her dream, she could come back to me more easily and be content.. Happy with me."
"Now.. Just one question.. What does all of this have to do with me?"

"Jun.. I know you're going to hate me for this-."
"I already do."
"But um.. There's two.. Three things that I need from you."
"No." I froze for a moment before nodding in disappointment.
"Alright. I understand. Thank you for your time." I stood up.
"Hold on man. Jeez. Can't take a joke?" I breathed a sigh of relief.
"I'm sorry. I thought you were serious."
"Sit. What do you need from me?"

"One, I need you to bring Leona to the false wedding party for me and Mira so that we can talk."
"Talk about what?"
"I will try to tell her the truth there if I can."
"Meaning?"
"If Mira doesn't butt in and mess thing up with us, then I will explain everything to her. No question."
"And if this fails?"
"This leads me to my second thing that I need from you."
"Alright. What is it?"

"If this plan fails, then at the wedding, I need you, along the way, to help me mentally get her back."
"How?" He cut his eyes at me.
"Make her think of me. Make it so bad that I know she'll be hurting at the wedding and will walk out. Before we say our vows. Before we say 'I do'."
"And what if she doesn't want to talk about you?"
"Contact me and I'll give you a list of places I know that will make her start to ramble and from there, you can ask the questions that will make her miss me more."
"And third?"

"Please.. Do not, on any circumstances, tell her. That I was here, that we talked or that everything is a lie. Please Jun."

•Jun•

This dude is desperate.. But I wanna mess with him a bit.

"And what do I get out if this?"