Memory Lane

《Song by _Romy_》

•Leona▪

I was the first to break eye contact with him and walk away. My heart, bitter and with a mouth too stiff to utter a single word, my curiosity was silenced as I stepped inside the house. There he was to greet me with such awkward eyes.
Although, I was too bland and too angry to even receive or register his gaze as such. I just wanted to know why, without asking, he was here and why he would lie to me. I truly hate liars.

Hours few by as I watched the daylight slowly being swept off it's feet by the night sky. The wind dancing with my linen curtains and leaves on the ground as I began wishing..

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

My gaze turned towards the turning knob as I sighed in sigh annoyance.

I don't know how long I can keep this up..

His footsteps quietly licking the floor before stopping right behind me. My upper body still hunched over onto the windowsill, causing my bottom half to be presented to the lucky man who decided to get behind me.

"Leona.." He sighed. "Leona, I'm sorry. I should've never.." My gaze shifted sideways to stop him from saying his name. "..Said that.." I slightly nodded as I returned my gaze back toward the chaos out the window. The scene was perfect for a happy couple to walk through and I began to picture it all.

The perfect end to the perfect date night.

I saw us from the window as we walked down the lane holding hands. The wind blew softly, causing my hair to fly everywhere, but you didn't care. I pushed my hair back behind my ears to keep it from going everywhere but the second time the wind blew, the cold had gotten to me as I couldn't help but to clutch my body, not caring about my hair at the moment. You stopped, taking a moment to look at me. "Are you cold?" Without hesistation, you took your jacket off and attempted to wrap it around my shoulders.

"No no. You'll get cold. Plus, my house is just right here."
"I know." He said as he wrapped the jacket around me. The wind blowing softly again. You took a moment to gently brush the hairs off my face and place them behind my ears before gazing down into my naked eyes (I didn't have my glasses on).
"What?" I asked.
Your smile said it all and it was more than just "Nothing."

The walk continued and pretty soon, it came time to say goodnight. The edge of the stairs are always the hardest part to stand on. Especially of you're nervous. Which I was not. I felt your hand about to touch my face again when you stopped. I looked around for you but you had disappeared. Then suddenly, I felt your hand on my waist pull me closer to you. "Hoseok!"

Hoseok??

I blinked as I looked at my predicament. I was no longer looking at Hoseok, my eyes were now fixated on Jun's as I wondered why he had pulled me so close to him like this. I couldn't speak, but I tried.

"You didn't hear me, did you?" He seemed to be very focused on my every move (if I dared to). My eyes quickly glanced down at his hands on my lower back and my chest that was practically pressed right up against his. I could feel just how much Jun worked out and it was hot.

"Leona." He pulled my face towards him to look into his eyes, but I still fell silent. Although, on the inside, I was going crazy. His hands were on me, I could feel his warm breath and body on me right now and I couldn't move or speak!

Now that's phenomenal. I'm just glad that this is my best friend and not Hoseok; otherwise he would've kissed me. And God knows what would happen if he had kissed me then.

Releasing my chin, he sighed as he held me right "It's okay.. You don't have to talk. Just know how much I love you and that I'm sorry." Kissing my forehead, he held me like that for a while.

But then, I had the urge to look up at him. His eyes so dazzling and handsome that I just had to wonder.. What human being served to have such beautiful eyes? It's pure torture to give the world a man with eyes like these. It's absolutely criminal.

Through my thoughts, I found it to be automatic to close my eyes as he got closer. Pretty soon, his soft, plump lips met mine and we hit it off.. Perhaps a little too quick. Both of our bodies hitting the bed in a romantic embrace as the kiss continued but no one took charge. Instead, the kiss leveled out into sweet whispers of conversation as our hands locked together.

Trembling, I pushed him away and automatically clutched my body in pure, utter disgust. How could you possibly think that? Crushes are okay but Jun is nothing more than just a mere friend! Get it together Missy!

"I'm sorry." He repeated. All was quiet before I heard him start to leave.
"Jun." His name slipping out of my mouth, making me regret saying such things. Especially after what just happened in my mind.
"Yes?"

"Nevermind. Just go." He nodded.
"Okay, but Leona?" I turned around. "Do you have wine?" My face contorted.
"What is wrong with you, Jun? You know I don't drink!"
"Do you allow drinking in your house?"
"I don't know. That hasn't come up yet"
"Would you ever try some?"
"Yes bu-."
"Okay, bye." He smiled as he waved, rushing out. I sighed.

I shouldn't be thinking like this..