Thoughts

April 21, 1937

I wake up and still exhausted from yesterday, I hop into the shower. While I'm washing my hair, I think about the spring of 1935. The spring breeze devours the oxygen with its scent. The daisies bloom and open like my heart grew for Henry. The doves look out to the meadow like I look at Henry while takes a glance at me. He says "Isn't it beautiful." We both look at this stunning hummingbird, the pink and orange ombre of its head, the colors on the hummingbird were so beautiful that the rainbow would fill with envy. A vulture swoops down and tears the hummingbird bit by bit. I break out of the memory, and it reminds me all beautiful things must die.

I notice I've been in the shower for an hour! I rinse out my hair and wash up and rinse again. I hop out the shower, get dressed, and move on with my day. I write about the upcoming opening of the Golden Gate Bridge. I go to the coffee shop and I order my regular order. I bring it home and drink my latte and I throw up. I start to throw up more. I have a doctor's appointment today probably they will know what is going on. I  show up to the clinic and I say "Appointment for Inez Bethany Laffion." The lady at the front desk says "Oh have a seat and the doctor will be with you shortly." They call "Laffion." I head into the doctors office and my doctor Mrs. Ruthfelt says "Oh hi Inez, nice to see you." I say "Hi Dr.Ruthfelt, I've been feeling nauseous and things I eat taste weird." Dr.Ruthfelt says "Oh dear, let's take a look at it shall we" She makes me go through a pregnancy test says "Congrats Inez, your pregnant!" I say in shock "Wait WHAT."

To be continued...