Preference #12 - Beside you (Inspired by 5sos Song)

Niall:

She lies awake.

I’m trying to find the words to say.

I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

You press the green button as you pull the phone to your ear - tiredness has taken over your body, yet your mind is working overtime to keep you wide awake. 

"Hi," you mumbled through the mouthpiece of your mobile. 

"Babe," he muttered, his voice coming across as tired and lonely. 

"How has your day been?" you asked, hoping you could take his mind off not being at home - while also taking your mind off of the empty space next to you. 

"I love you," he broke down - his voice cracking as he said the words. 

"I miss you Niall," you murmured, as your eyes started to well up. 

You couldn’t wait for him to come home and fill the place next to you - keeping you warm with his arms - and falling to sleep knowing you were safe and next to someone you loved. 

Harry: 

When we both wake up underneath the same sun.

Time stops, I wish that I could rewind.

So close but so far away.

He wakes up on one end of England as you wake up on the other side. 

Time stops for him as he remembers this time yesterday he had to leave you to come on tour - he had no other choice. 

He wanted you to come but University was important you let him live your dreams and he let you live yours, he couldn’t hate you for wanting to finish the one thing normal in your life - he couldn’t blame you for wanting a career. 

He couldn’t blame you for chasing your dreams - just like he had. 

He was so close to you though yet ye were so far apart, and god did he miss you. 

He missed your beautiful lips on his so early in the morning - your little ‘Good-morning’ as you hopped out of bed to get ready for your long day.

He missed you. 

How was he going to survive this tour? But he knew he had to cause at the end he’d get to go home to you. 

Louis: 

Within a minute I was all packed up

I’ve got a ticket to another world

I don’t wanna go.

He was all packed, ready to leave for another tour - another long period of time till he’d see you again. 

Sometime the breaks - the separation made you both realised how much you loved each other but when he was leaving each and every time your heart broke a little more. 

He pulled you into his embrace, placing a kiss on your forehead and whispering into your ear three simple words you’d never get tired of hearing. 

"I love you." 

You pressed your lips to his - taking in the feel of his lips - his smell - the way he held you - everything you could before he was gone. 

"I love you too," you mumbled as a tear escaped your eye - he picked up his bag and left your small apartment with a sad smile on his face. 

He had a ticket to another world - while you were stuck in this one for a short while without him. 

Liam: 

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky.

To the beat of our hearts at the same time.

So close but so far away.

He could feel your heart beat as he fell asleep thinking about the rhythm it would be beating at that very moment if you were there next to him. 

At night when he couldn’t sleep because you weren’t beside him he’d think of little things - the way you took your breaths as you fell asleep - the way your heart beat in your chest when he kissed you or the way it beat as you fell into a deep sleep. 

It helped him sleep most nights but tonight was hard. 

He was sleeping below a sky that he knew you were also sleeping below and it hurt being so close to you yet so far away. 

He missed you more than you’d ever know. 

As you lay ten feet under ground and he lay on a mattress in the room you both had had such laughs in - waiting for the day in which he could come join you up in that peaceful place they called heaven. 

One day you’d both be back together - united once again. 

Not even death could destroy your love. 

Zayn: 

Another day, and I’m somewhere new.

I made a promise that I’ll come home soon.

Bring me back, bring me back to you.

He missed you god did he miss you - less than a week till he could see your beautiful smile once again - your eyes light up when you laughed and feel your lips on his. 

But a week was too long - it was going by slower than he could of ever imagined. 

Each day he longed for you - each night he cried for you. 

He promised you he’d be home soon - yet soon was too long. 

He wished he could just finish this long ass tour now and return home but he had a job - a career - he owed the fans that had brought him this far just as much as he owed you for loving him for him. 

He missed you but he had to wait. 

You missed him but you knew his lifestyle was what you needed to come to terms with. 

Soon you’d be together again!