9

Ellie P.O.V.
I turned around to see the Greenie and Newt. ''Hey Newt and Greenie'' I said with a smile. ''So this is Ellie she's one of the medjacks as I told you and she's extremely tough so don't get on her bad side'' Newt said to The Greenie. I don't think the Greenie liked being called the Greenie or greenbean could you blame him though it kind of sucks.

The Greenie turned around and the guy Gally was fighting bumped into him. ''Hey Greenie want to go?'' Gally asked the Greenie didn't answer the rest of the gladers did by chanting ''Greenie''. After Gally explained the rules the Greenie was dead and when i meant dead I meant really dead he was new and Gally was one of the strongest guys in the glade. Then the Greenie had this look in his eye almost as if he just figured out to solve the maze.

Snapping me from my thoughts there was a thump expecting to see the Greenie on the ground hurt there was Gally and The Greenie standing above him. ''Not bad for a Greenie huh?'' The Greenie said confidently then Gally tripped him leaving him to fall on his head hard. Gally looked at me I shook my head at him then the Greenie stood up ''My name its Thomas!''.

All of the gladers clapped and shouted in cheer. As gladers surrounded him giving him Gally's secret recipe. Thomas drank it even though his face was showing ''this is disgusting'' I chuckled then a griever was heard within the maze. ''What was that?'' Thomas questioned ''That my friend was a griever but don't worry nothing gets through those walls'' Gally answered. ''Let's get to bed it was a good night'' Alby said as the gladers followed his orders.

The Next Day. I walked into the Medjack hut as always ''Good morning shanks'' I said with a friendly smile to Clint and Jeff. ''You've been weirdly happy through the days like no sarcastic comment'' Clint said curiously ''I've been thinking the same thing what changed?'' Jeff said.

They had a point. But I was still my sarcastic self or how people know me my tough feisty personality is still alive. I guess I've been more happy because the voices were gone they just disappeared and I decided I'd stop hurting myself also trying to accept this glade place.

Jeff waved his hand in front of my face. ''Hello still there shank?'' Jeff said ''oh just things have been getting better for me and I'm saving all my sarcasm for when I need to bring it out'' I said with a grin. ''To be honest sometimes we don't have to work'' Clint said.

Jeff disagreed he was offended for some reason. ''No as 3 medjacks we work really hard'' Jeff said in defenses. Clint shrugged Jeff looked at me to take his side but my eyes were somewhere else.

Newt

I looked at him send off Thomas into the dead ends. Then he turned and looked at me he waved with his beautiful smile plastered on his face. I found myself blushing I waved back placing a small smile on my face. ''Looks like someone has a crush'' Clint said with a grin Jeff made weird sounds. I rolled my eyes ''slim it he's one of my best friends'' I said. ''Or your boyfriend'' Clint said still with that stupid grin stuck to his face like an magnet. ''Isn't Jeff your boyfriend though?'' I said with a smile Jeff was about to say something until there was screaming.

HELP!

I immediately ran out of the Medjack hut. I didn't care if it was some shuck-face like Mason I still cared because what if a griever crawled over the damn walls. I looked to see Ben tackling Thomas on the ground Newt running over hitting him with his shovel. I stood there watching Ben was pinned to the ground ''hey you alright?'' I asked Thomas ''yeah thanks'' he said out of breath. As Alby appeared Ben started saying no repeatedly ''lift the shirt'' Alby ordered as they lift the shirt. There it showed why he was acting like this.

He was stung by a griever

I gasp I was in shock. Ben? In the middle of the day? I was now worried about Minho I hope he was alright. I then imagined Ben getting hunted down by a griever it was a terrible thing to imagine just running then you trip or deadend or weaver then you realize your trapped and a griever just Stings you.

I felt like throwing up I couldn't keep thinking of what happened in the maze. As they were about to carry Ben away he looked at me and said.

                  ''You aren't supposed to be here''