12

Ellie P.O.V.
The rest of the day was me worrying. I don't think it was just me though the whole glade was filled with concern and sadness but Chuck was hopeful. I wasn't I never was i always wished I was positive and hopeful but no I'm filled with sarcasm and negativity but according to everyone I'm just known as tough. It was time to sleep to hope they would be back but I couldn't sleep.

I was one of the first to wake up. I knew they wouldn't be there but i just had the tiniest hope in me that Minho, Alby, and Thomas were there standing not stung not hurt. Minho was very brave he was the bravest, strongest, and toughest all of the runners are. He had to survive Thomas had to survive Alby had to survive.

My eyes had big bags under them I looked like a piece of Klunk. As everyone stood at the entrance of the maze there was no one. No one there ''I'm sorry Chuck'' I whispered to Chuck as I walked away from his side ''no way...'' Zart whispered but we all heard it. We all turned to see Minho and Thomas carrying Alby they set him down ''What happened out there?''.

Thomas was tired he looked like he ran and never stopped. Which was most likely true ''did you see a griever?'' I asked ''yeah I saw one'' Thomas said out of breath. ''He didn't just see it he killed it'' Minho added his eyes meeting mine then everyone eyes went to Thomas.

We all were in the gathering we had to have a discussion because Thomas broke the rules. Gally was against it no doubr but in my opinion I supported Thomas. He killed a griever the griever that is an evil m- before I could finish my thought I was snapped my thoughts by Gally. ''Ellie agrees with me don't you?'' Gally said looking at me for me to agree with him ''No I don't agree with you'' I said surprising him. Newt looked at me raising an eyebrow everyone went silent ''I support Thomas he is killed that evil monster that stung our friends Alby, Ben, and many others that griever deserved it but I do agree with Gally Thomas did break the rules but he saved Alby and he killed a griever'' I said as I saw Thomas smile.

Newt nodded. ''What do you think Minho?'' Newt asked ''I don't know if he's brave or stupid but whatever it is we need more of it I say we make him a runner'' Minho said. I smiled then Gally started talking my smile instantly went away ''fine if there's one thing I know about the maze is that you do n-'' before he could finish the box noise filled the glade. It was coming back up. We all rushed to the box I broke through the crowd as Newt jumped down ''What do you see Newt?'' Frypan asked ''It's a girl'' Newt replied.

I was shocked. Another girl here? This couldn't be real ''there's something in her hand'' Newt grabbed the piece of paper that was in the girls hand. ''She's the last one ever'' Newt read everyone glanced around at each other Mason eyes went directly to mine. '"What the hell is that supposed to mean?'' Newt asked as the girl woke up everyone jumped back except me did they not understand it was just a girl? ''Thomas'' she whispered then fell back to sleep. Everyone eyes went to Thomas.

Everyone was sent back to work. I was in the Medjack with Jeff watching the girl ''must be happy to see the same gender?'' Jeff said with a chuckle ''Heh yeah I guess it's nice to see another girl but you guys are my family'' I said making Jeff smile. As time passed the girl woke up she first looked at me ''Hey'' I said but she pushed me into the wall and ran out. ''Are you okay!?'' Jeff asked I nodded as I went after the girl who just pushed me.

We all stand and look up at the girl who was now throwing food at us. ''Take cover y'all'' Frypan said as he covered Newt with a wooden board ''Here!'' Newt said as he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me towards him to stay under the wooden board. Soon Thomas and Minho show up to the party ''Hey it's Thomas'' Thomas shouted she stopped throwing she looked down at Thomas then disappeared. ''I'm coming up okay?'' Thomas said Gally was about to bcome up but Thomas quickly stopped him ''just me'' He said as he started climbing up.

I went back to the Medjack I started bandaging up an slicer. As I wrapped the bandage around his arm where he had cut himself he looked at me like he was trying to find something. ''What?'' I asked ''Are you okay?'' He asked ''yeah'' I lied. ''I think you're good to go'' I said with a small smile he returned the smile and left ''Good job Ellie'' Jeff said as he continued to work with Alby. He was getting worse each day it truly was terrible I wish he was getting better I hated hearing that sound I hated hearing the sound of suffering I felt his suffering.

The girl entered the Medjack her eyes instantly went to mine. ''I'm sorry for pushing you I-'' she started but I cut her off ''it's alright you were frightened and confused and you didn't know who to trust it's okay we've all been there'' I said reassuring her. Thomas soon came in with these syringes Newt and Thomas were having an small argument about if we should use it on Alby or not. ''He's getting worse each day it won't change anything'' I said looking at both of them ''Ok do it'' Newt said as he handed it to Thomas. Thomas was about to put the syringe into Alby until Alby grabbed Thomas by his shirt shouting at him aggressively The girl was going to but she couldn't ''give it to me'' I said to her she hands me the syringe I put the syringe into Alby.

  Gally came in ''Come on Greenie it's time'' Gally said with the same serious look on his face.  It was like it was plastered there forever he's never been this serious and intense was it because of Thomas? As Thomas and Gally left ''what's you're name?'' Teresa asked in a whisper tone. ''Ellie you?'' I asked then I wanted to face-palm myself she probably didn't remember ''Teresa'' she said with a smile.  I put out my hand for her to shake she shook it ''So we are the only two girls?'' She asked I nodded.

  Soon we all went to sleep I got in my hammock Newt was sitting up ''Hey Newt'' I whispered ''Hey El'' He whispered back. ''Can't sleep?'' I asked ''Yeah I've got my mind on lots of things'' Newt said as he sighed ''Try to relax it'll be alright'' I said softly. ''You and Mason have been seen a lot together what's going on there?'' Newt said as he raised an eyebrow I chuckled ''Nothing we just became good friends'' I said. Newt nodded I yawned ''I don't want to keep you up'' Newt said ''No it's fine'' I said sleepily I was so exhausted. ''Goodnight El'' He said with a smile I was about to argue with him about staying up but I drifted into sleep.

        I woke up in the middle of the night to an whisper in my ear.

''Hey Babe sorry to wake you but your going to help me go in the maze tomorrow''