four

"So... How was the afterparty at Romil's?" Camryn asks. She's leaning on the locker next to mine and fiddling with the books in her hand.

"Oh, we didn't end up going," I say quietly, closing my locker and leaning on it.

"Why not?" she asks, pushing off the locker and standing in front of me. I look down at my feet.

"I had a really bad panic attack. Ian, Jaden, and Matt had to take me home and they ended up staying over," I say, stepping away from the lockers and beginning the walk to homeroom.

"Are you okay, Isa? I know they take a huge toll on you, but if you need something, please let me know. I love you like the sister I never had," she says, grabbing onto my hand and holding it.

"I'm okay now. My dad's crêpes really helped and I spent the rest of the weekend with him, talking and hanging out at our park," I say, smiling at her.

"Okay, your dad is the best cook on this planet and the park you guys go to is beyond beautiful. I'm happy that you guys got to hang out a bit. Your dad and the boys."

When my dad and I first moved here, we found this really beautiful park that was only a couple blocks from our house. It was huge and had big, beautiful trees. They allowed dogs, which was amazing for India. We always went there to spend quality time together or drink coffee and people-watch. It was our happy place. It made us feel as if we were back in Toulouse and at La Prairie des Filtres. It was the park that was right across the river from the university that my dad worked at, which was Université Toulouse 1 Capitole. When I finally moved in with him in Toulouse, we would have lunch together everyday. I would meet him at his class and then we would take a 20 minute walk to La Prairie des Filtres, where we would eat lunch and talk about life.

 I would meet him at his class and then we would take a 20 minute walk to La Prairie des Filtres, where we would eat lunch and talk about life

"Hey, so, guess what we just saw?" Louise exclaims, rushing up to us and dragging Mia behind her.

"Hey! What?" Cam and I say at the same time, stopping to stare at the girls. 

"Ian and Jaden." Mia says, pointing to the hallway to our left.

I give both of them a confused look before looking past Mia's finger. Jaden was leaning against his locker, laughing with one of his binders against his chest. Ian had his right hand above Jaden, which propped his body up. They were about a foot away from each other and it was evident that they were enjoying each other's company.

I turned around, laughing with a shocked expression, "Oh my god!"

"When did that happen?" Louise asks, turning to the rest of us. Cam and Mia shrugged their shoulders, but I just stayed quiet.

"What?" Mia asks, staring at me.

"What?" I ask, trying to hide what I was thinking.

"You've got that 'Hi, I'm Isa and I'm totally not hiding something, but I definitely am' look on your face right now," she replies.