Chapter 10 ~ Wicked Influence

Draco's POV

               I walked briskly down Knockturn Alley, the hood of my cloak concealing my face. I gripped my wand tightly at my side, tense and uneasy. If the wrong person recognized me, it could ruin everything.

               I had told Hermione I would be perfectly fine when I left her, but I honestly wasn’t so sure. However, I had to risk it if we wanted to escape the country and move to America. I needed the help of an old friend if we were to get away.

               Aiston’s private shop was invisible to passersby, unless you knew where to look. It was in the darkest part of Knockturn Alley, where hardly anyone dared venture. My footsteps echoed around me eerily in the darkness, but I kept my eyes focused on the wall to my right for the door. When I finally located it, I didn’t even bother knocking. I just used my wand to unlock the door and walked right in.

               Aiston straightened up behind his desk quickly when I entered. He smiled, exposing his yellow crooked teeth. “Mr. Malfoy! It’s been so long!”

               I pushed my hood back with a scowl. “Please, keep your voice down. I need a favor.”

               “What can I do for you?”

               I dropped an envelope on his desk. “I need you to take all this information and make us new identities. Give me the whole works. And I need it done in a week. I’ll pay you handsomely.”

               Aiston flipped through the contents of the envelope. “This is a lot of work to be completed in a week.”

               “I thought you would say that, so I’m giving you this up front.” I dropped a bag of gold before him. “You’ll get the rest when you’re finished.”

               He smiled. “I think I can manage.”

               “I’ll be back here in a week at this time to pick it up.” I locked my gaze on his menacingly. “And if you tell anyone I was here or what I’m asking for, I will hunt you down and kill you.”

               Aiston snatched the bag off his desk. “My lips are sealed.”

               I pulled my hood back over my face and began down the streets of Knockturn Alley once again. I was relieved Aiston had been cooperative, but something didn’t feel right. My vision blurred suddenly, and I leaned against the alley wall for support. I slowly pulled back my sleeve and stared in shock as my Dark Mark twisted and writhed on my arm.

               Come to me, Draco, the Dark Lord’s voice whispered through my head. Come to me now, and I may give you a chance to redeem yourself.

               I bit my lip as the pain coursed through my body, setting my veins ablaze. I leaned against the wall heavily and waited for it to pass. Even after the pain faded, it took me some time to get my bearings. When I looked to my Mark again, it was motionless.