Chapter 6

Thalia woke up the next morning and checked the time. Damn, 11:45? I slept really late. She got dressed in a red off-the-shoulder shirt and a black skirt, brushing her hair before heading downstairs. She heard the sounds of battle coming from the backyard door. She peeked out the door to see the boys training. Sam was in the center while the others threw punches and kicks at him. She smiled slightly at seeing them training so hard before leaving the boys alone and heading to the kitchen to make some food. She walked in to see Emma already there about to cook some pizza. "I see we were thinking the same thing." Thalia commented with a smile.

She smiled back, "Yup. Our mothers always said we shared a brain cell."

"They've never been wrong before so this truly does prove a point." Thalia smiled and rushed over there as Emma laughed lightly at her comment. They made the pizza and set it on the dining room table. Thalia peeked out of the dining room and saw the boys separating into different rooms. Thalia told Emma before she took two plates of food, beginning her search for one of the boys.

In her wandering, Thalia walked past a study and saw Damien looking at the books on the shelf. "Damien?" She called out.

He turned to look at her, "Huh? Oh, hello." He gave her a gentle smile. Thalia entered the room, closing the door behind her. "I was just looking at the books." Thalia turned her gaze to the books he'd mentioned and read the spines. They were books on business and physiology. "Do humans really study this much?" He questioned.

"It depends."

"What do you mean?"

"Well...if we're interested in a topic we may want to learn more about said topic."

"Are there things you can't study?"

"Nope. There are books on anything and everything."

"Even the demon world?"

"Probably, but those books are considered fiction or religious theory."

Thalia found it was absolutely adorable talking about learning with Damien. "Is learning different in the demon world?" Thalia inquired.

Damien nodded, explaining, "Demons don't have schools to learn from like humans do. Everything we learn comes from experience and verbal mentoring. Books are only permitted to be read by higher nobles. The only ones who have even touched a book are James and Erik, since they are the oldest. Sam and Matthew chose not to read."

"What about you?"

Damien stood silent for a moment before sitting on the ground, leaning against the large desk in the room. She decided to follow along and sit beside him. "You brought food?" He asks.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I brought food. Here." She replied while handing him one of the plates.

"Thank you." They both began eating their food before she realized he was avoiding her question. She was about to ask when Damien cut me off, "Because I'm technically not a noble at all."

Damien looks at his dish with a sigh. Thalia was about to apologize when Damien spoke up, "We're all half brothers. We share one father. James, Erik, Sam, and Matthew all had noble mothers who are all Queens. My mother was not a noble and is not a Queen."

Thalia could see the sadness in Damien's eyes. She regretted pushing the topic. "I'm sorry." She apologized.

"For what? You didn't know and were curious. It was only appropriate to answer." He replied.

"Still it was rude of me to pry like that. I'm sorry." She apologized again. He smiled at her again before continuing eating.

Thalia couldn't help it as her mind began to wander to the Demon world, imagining what it looked like. Her thoughts were halted by a groan escaping Damien's lips and she turned to look at him worried. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Don't worry about it." he replied.

"Damien..."

"It's just a headache. I-I'll be fine."

"You should have taken more energy when we first met."

"No, I couldn't have–" His words were cut off by a pained grunt, "...done that to you." Damien smiled at her, "I'll be fine."

If he needed energy, she was willing to give it. "Damien."

He instantly turned away from her, "N-no! No...I-I'll be fine! I'm used to this..."

Thalia glared at Damien's back for a moment before grabbing his shoulder and forcing him around. He stared at her, wide eyed "Damien, let me help you. Please. I don't want to see you in pain like this..." She stared intently into his beautiful eyes. "I want to help."

Damien sighed, something about her sincerity made his resolve break. His irises flash gold as a warm fuzzy feeling spreads through her body. Damien placed his hand on her cheek gently before he leaned in and kissed her. She kissed him back rather passionately, cupping his jaw. Her lips were warm and soft. He placed his other hand on her waist and gripped her side tightly. A low sound travels from his chest to his throat, where it rips out as the kiss roughens. The taste of her lips is like sweet honey and chocolate. Her scent filled his nose; the smell of strawberries and books. It all hits him in one blast.

She pushed him back slightly and he found himself leaning against the desk as she straddled him. He traced his tongue across her bottom lip, asking entry into her mouth. She opened her mouth, allowing him to deepen the kiss, running his tongue along her teeth, before entangling her tongue with his. Her fingers make their way into his hair, tugging at it roughly.

Damien eventually pulled away from her and cut off her enthrallment. They both were panting for air as she leaned her forehead against his. "I'm okay now...but I..." He trailed off. Thalia completely understood what he was trying to say as she crashed her lips into his, kissing him roughly.

Slowly his kiss began to trail down her neck. He peppered her neck and shoulders with kisses, reveling in the pleased noises that left her mouth as he did so, until eventually placing kisses just above her bra. She squeezed his shoulder tightly, trying to alert him of how her vision was blurring before going limp. She had fainted.

Damien felt guilty as he gently lifted her unconscious body into his arms, carrying her out of the room. He carefully brought her to her room, gently laying her down on the bed. He pressed a soft kiss to her forehead before leaving the room only to bump into Erik.

"Wow, brother, I never expected this from you." He commented with a smirk. Damien gave him an unimpressed look, causing Erik to chuckle lightly. Damien rolled his eyes and began to walk away. "Oh, don't be like that, Izroul. Why don't you leave her a note or something?"

Damien sent him an incredulous look, "You may have forgotten, but I don't know how to write."

"I'll write it then, just tell me what to say."

Damien sighed before beginning to walk towards his room, "If you feel so inclined, Uzaeris." Erik smirked and followed after his brother with a slight bounce in his step.