XII.

LAMENT | XII.
( 'THE DEAL' )

ROBB WALKED THROUGH the battlefield, men greeted him and congratulated him. Another Lannister force had been defeated, adding another victory to Robb's resume.

He and his men were going to attack King's Landing soon. He'd hit from the north while Stannis attacked from the sea. It was a brilliant idea, especially on Robb's part. He had blown through Tywin and Jaime's forces quickly, so quickly they had retreated to King's Landing. All that stood between him and his revenge was miles of land.

He met the eye of one of the girls, a healer. He had seen her before, at other battles, but he had never spoken to her.

"Robb," He hears Theon call. The girl looks away first, tending to the wounds of a fallen Lannister soldier.

"What is it Theon?" Robb asked, approaching his longest friend. The Greyjoy held up a letter, sealed and unopened. The seal on the letter was a lion, meaning it was from the Lannisters.

"Give me that," Robb snatched the letter from Theon's hand and read over it quickly.

"What does it say?" Theon asked, trying to peek at the letter.

"Joffrey is willing to call all his men back. He will also safely return Sansa to Winterfell along with my father's body," Robb says, his eyes still trained on the letter.

"At what cost?" Theon asks, knowing that the deal sounds too good to be true.

"He wants Willa," Robb says sighing, "He wants me to let go of Willa."

Robb shoves the letter at Theon and begins to walk off. Theon grows confused and follows Robb.

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to accept his offer," Robb states, "I told Walder I'd let her go."

Theon scoffs, causing Robb to turn around, "You promised Willa that you would protect her when we were children. She loved you. She could have had anyone, and she chose you. You can't give up on her."

"These men are not fighting for Willa. They're fighting because the Lannisters disrespected the North. They deserve to go home," Robb argues.

"Willa deserves to go home," Theon says, "If you leave her, you were never worthy of her love."

"You always wanted her," Robb mutters, "When we were children."

Theon laughs bitterly, "Of course I did. Every boy in the North wanted Willa's affection. But she chose you."

"Damn right she chose me," Robb snaps, "Willa is mine to protect, she is mine to love. So, you can piss off."

Theon shakes his head, invading Robb's personal space. Men around the camp begin to gather, taking a step forward in defense of Robb, but he motions for them to stand down.