Surprise! Beginning of Betrayal.

CHAPTER 3

Cole's P.O.V

Alpha...We have a rouge at the west border asking for my parents and Joe...The old third in command who never found his mate. A female, in human form.  Disrespecting me!    Jordan, my Beta informed me.

A female rouge? Disrespecting a beta? On our own lands! Thats unheard of!

I'll be there in a moment. I replied.

Then ordered Joe, Tyler and Jennifer to be ready and outside the pack house.

I went onto my office balcony and jumped off, shifting before I hit the ground, then bound off towards the west border.

I smelt the most amazing smell....Strawberries. Yum. The source of the smell was none other...

Than my Grandmas homemade pie that she brought out from her house in the woods.

I quickly shifted back and greeted my grandma.

"Hey grams!" I exclaimed!

"Hey! It's the boy that never comes to visit their grandma!" She joked. "Now whats his name....Pole? No...Bole? No...Coal?"

I laughed. "Yeah grams, it's Cole."

"You're named after the thing I put in my fire?"

"Grams..."

"Sorry...I may be old, but I can still have fun! So what brings you here? Finally a visit?"

"Sorry to disapoint...but I'm just passing through. Jordan found a rouge on the West border."

"Sorry to dissapoint?" She mocked jokingly."I am sorry that you are a disappointment." She smacked my butt with the table cloth she was holding."Now, go get that rouge! And come for a visit! Be safe! Love you!"

"Love you too!" I replied while heading back to the west border and shifting.

As I ran through the woods, I smelled the most amazing scent...like vanilla...and coconuts. I stopped to sniff for the scent when I heard my beta say,

""You will not speak to me that way! I will kill you for disrespecting me!"

He cannot kill without my authority!! I growled, a massive growl that shook the trees and pounced on Jordan to restrain him...and as a warning. The guard wolves that circled the rouges took a stepped back and bowed. At least they have some respect.

The scent was like it was right beside me. I got off Jordan giving him a warning look, and shifted into my human form. I looked at thr rouge.

"Mate." My wolf, Caine, said.

I watched her eyes as it seemed as if she was fighting herself. Apparently she was, because the last thing I saw was love, regret and determination as she ran full speed towards the pack house. We chased after her, but she was damn fast and out of our borders by the time we reached the pack house. There lay the 3 she asked for, Joe, Jennifer and Tyler....dead. Why would she kill them? What did she have against them?

I heard a howl behind me as Jordan took a look at his dead parents. I howled for my mate....I don't care if she killed them, there had to be a reason...and I want her back.

Faintly, I heard a howl. It was a little mournful - for the kill? And it was promising - she would be back.

I yipped in joy as Jordan growled menacingly. I growled at him for disrespecting his future Luna.

He looked at me...almost betrayed as he turned his back to me and ran off into the woods.