chapter 3

The school day passed slow as fuck, but eventually the 7th period bell rang and that meant the day was officially over.  As soon as I reached for the door I had my small black flip phone out with Daves number already saved in it. I hesitated for a while before I pressed the lime green call button.

Dave answered on the 4th ring.

"h-hey karkat" Dave sounded horrible. Maybe he was sick. I just brushed the question off.

"Hey dave whats up"I asked cheerfully.

"hey um can you come over I um need to talk" karkats expression went from the happiest person in the world to "holy crap what the fuck is wrong" in about 2 minutes flat.

After a long walk karkat reached the address dave had texted him.  He looked at the house it looked like no one had lived in it for decades,  the paint was peeling and the windows where cracked but he steped up to the door anyway.

He knocked...  No reply.

He knocked again… No reply

Karkat rembered Daves voice on the phone, it sounded... hurt. I need to be their for him. I pushed open the door and heard a t.v. coming from one of the rooms. I knocked on the door before walking in and what I saw horrified me.

Dave was laying on the floor shaking violently he had a bottle of bleach sitting next to him along with sevral razor blades coated with a thick layer of blood...and his shades they where rossed off to the side of the room revealing his deep dark crimson eyes. It was so much more beautifull then I have ever imagined. 

I begain to cry. I was losing the one thing I loved most.

"Dave Dave stay with me com on I love you we can get through this.  I can get you to a hospital come on I can call my dad to come get us.  Dont worry dave im here I can get you help" I leaned down a pressed my lips against his forhead and held him in my arms

"i-im sorry karkat" Dave whisper into my shoulder.

"its okay Dave its okay" dave shirt was soaked through with blood. I picked him up and set him down on his bed I lifted up his shirt to examine the cuts and what I what I saw made me start balling my eyes out he had over 30 cuts on his stomachand upper abdomen and they where so deep...they needed stiches no doubt.  Bit what I didnt expect was his weight. You could clearly see his ribs and I could have rapped my hands around his waist if I tryed, but I didnt I just hugged him tightly and missed his forehead. I called my dad and told him to come pick me up and that I needed to use the car,  and with no questions he said yes.

I drove dave to the hospital and and as much as i wanted to i told them he got mugged. I felt like he wouldnt want me to tell them the truth. I visited him everyday in the hospital and he was usually asleep or was talking nonsense do to the hardcore pain killer drugs,  But eventually he finally said

"I love you john egderp" before he finally dosed off.