5-I need to know

Our flight back to Chicago was quiet, Levi didn't say too much on the flight back. We both pretty much slept the entire flight, but when we were awake he ignored me.

The limo was waiting for us when we arrived, I get inside the limo with Levi getting in behind me, he ended up sitting on the other side of the limo, the ride back to my apartment I leaned my head back in the seat looking out the window it was slightly dark out as it was a little after 5am.

When we got to my apartment he helped carry my bag to my apartment, setting it down by the door "Have a good rest of your day." He says exhausted. As I looked into his eyes, I could sense and feel a little bit of hurt. They weren't the same eyes I seen back in Paris.

"You too." I say quietly turning around to unlock my door. When I turned around to grab my bag he was already down the hall. I grabbed my bag and went inside.

The rest of my day I spent unpacking and trying to stay awake to adjust back to the time difference. All I kept thinking about was Levi. I felt terrible for leading him on. He looked so hurt when he left.

The next day at work I was there at 7:45am making his coffee, and when 8am hit he was in his office. I bring in his coffee and set it down. He just looked at me and looked back down. "Thank you." He said softly. "You're welcome."

I walk back out and sat at my desk. He was so cold, normally he has a comment to make as I'm walking out the door, this time he didn't say a word. It was kind of nice. But knew something was bothering him, which bothered me. I kind of enjoyed snapping back at him.

I work on his itinerary for his trip to New York. When I'm done with it, I went to bring it to him, I knocked on the door "Come in." He said nicely. I walk in and he looks back down at his paperwork when he see's that it's me. "I have your itinerary for New York."

"Set it down please." He says sternly.

I place it next to him and start to walk out, but before I open the door I turn around. "Look... about what happened in Paris-" he cuts me off by putting his hand up. "Just go back to work." He said harshly.

I turn around and left in tears. I felt terrible. I sat at my desk looking for some Kleenex, when I looked up Sandy was there handing me a tissue. "Are you up for lunch today?" She asked with a worried look in her eyes.

I nod, "Ok.. but I better go make sure I can leave first." I tell her softly wiping my tears.

I knock on his door, opening it when he said to come in. "I'm just in here to see if it's ok to go to lunch with Sandy." I ask fighting back tears. He looks at me in a pained expression "Go ahead."

"Thank you.."

Sandy and I leave for lunch, just going to the diner across the street. We sat down and they took our order right away. "I'll just have a cup of soup." I tell the waitress.

"So.. how was the trip to Paris? Sandy asked curiously.

"It went great, everything I presented they went through with the deals." I say with a smile.

"I noticed the boss today, seemed awfully quiet. Normally when he gets back from a business trip he's at everyone's throats."

"It was a long short trip and then try to get back to the current time zone. They are 7 hours ahead of us." I say trying to change the subject.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask her.

"Sure."

"Why did Ms. Adams quit?"

"Well, I'm not all exactly sure, she always complained about how hard he was on her, she said he always told her that it seemed like she never could do anything right. She would complain about him all the time, always saying how much she hated him. Why?"