Chapter 3

Tessa woke up the next morning and her head was pounding. Amazing how five drinks could do that to you after not drinking for a while.

She picked her heavy feet up from the bed and went over to the coffee maker that was in the kitchen, turned it on and waited for it to pour. She occasionally glanced over at Scott, who was now sprawled across the bed, claiming the territory. He wasn't going to be waking up any time soon, so when her coffee had poured, she had taken a position in an arm chair in the room. She found the remote and turned the tv on with the volume barely up, not wanting to wake Scott. Although she was curious about if he remembered what he said the night before, she was willing to let him sleep.

It's 12:30 in the afternoon and the bus leaves at 2 for the arena and Scott was just waking up. He didn't really realize how lucky he was to have Tessa staying with him because when she saw him starting to stir, she made him a cup of coffee, got him a glass of water and a couple aspirin and put them on the bedside table. When he rolled over and saw the items but no Tessa close by, he perked up quick, causing his head to throb.

"Good morning," Tessa's sweet voice came from the arm chair on the other side of the room. "Take the aspirin right away, kill your headache," She prompted him.

He didn't even get a chance to respond to Tessa's soothing voice before he was chugging the water and popping pills. His hangover was bad, and he knew he was in for a long day. "How late were we out?" His voice was hoarse, almost as if he had lost it.

"We got back at about 1:30, you don't remember?"

"Not really."

"Do you remember anything?" Tessa had started to quiz him.

"I remember I went drink for drink with Max till e out drank me." Scott said, truly.

"Oh alright then, drink the coffee, you'll feel better soon." Tessa said.

"Come lay with me, Tess."

She smiled and walked over and sat against the headboard.

With little control of his hungover mind, Scott picked his head up and put it in Tessa's lap, still keeping himself lying down. He didn't say anything and neither did Tessa, he just felt her fingers run through his hair, and the odd time her nails would scrape his scalp. They sat like this until the drugs kicked in and Scott was starting to feel more like himself. He picked his head up from her lap and slowly started to sit up.

"I should probably take a shower. I looked like death warmed over," Scott stated as he headed to the shower. "When do we have to leave?"

"Just before 2. You don't have much time," she said to him cracking a smile, trying to get him back to his normal self.

He carried himself to the bathroom, ran the shower, and tried to get the hot water help him revive any thought from the night before. With little luck on his side, he didn't think of much else that he had said or done, so he gave up thinking because it was starting to hurt his head and finished his shower. Still not thinking clearly, Scott had come out of the bathroom only wearing a towel.

Tessa had realized Scott was really hungover when he came out of the bathroom only wearing a towel. She didn't notice at first because she was busy packing up a bag to take with her for the day at the rink, but he had to walk right past her to get to his suitcase. She tried not to look and focus on her task, but she did steal a few glances and may have thought about what was underneath. Crap, she let her own words back into her head again.

Scott continued digging through his suitcase to find clothes that would suffice until he had to change into his flannel and jeans, traditional Scott fashion. As he was putting his clothes on he realized he was getting changed in front of Tessa.