Chapter 2 : Pay the Price

(Melinda)

Coulson and May were eating in the Zephyr's kitchen together two days after May made her fateful wedding dress agreement, when Amelia triumphantly strutted in with an enormous stack of papers. She dropped them on the counter in front of May and announced, "Here! You would look beautiful in a wedding dress!"

May groaned, looked at the first picture, and Phil put down a forkful of food that was halfway to his mouth. "Is this the top secret project that took you two days? You hardly came out except for meals." Coulson remarked.

     "Yeah. But now you have to wear a white dress." Amelia repeated to May. "I designed some, and others I copied off the internet."

     May picked up the first one, and instantly wished that she could slap Amelia so hard. The drawing was of her, -all of them were- in a sleeveless, strapless, low front, long skirt dress. May knew that she looked good, but she hated it.

     "Several are vintage style, which Daisy told me was trending right now, and some are more modest than others. But Daisy, Jemma, and I all thought that you would look great." Amelia rambled on. May mentally face-palmed. Why did she drag Simmons and Daisy into this?

      "Daisy said to check some fashion websites. But you really don't care, do you?" Amelia finally read May's facial expression.

     "Not really." May answered. Amelia just kept grinning.

     "There are over thirty examples." Amelia told her. May reluctantly reached for another paper, but Coulson was already half way done, and pausing at each to try to imagine May in the dress, which was different every picture. But then May looked over to him holding one that Amelia had titled 'You "May" kiss the bride.'  And it depicted Coulson and May in the middle of a very intimate kiss at the alter. "Really Amelia?" Coulson said as he and May looked up at the same time. "Was this really necessary?" He asked.

     "Sorry." she shrugged. "It was fun to draw."

     "Ready to go?" Daisy walked in. "The academy awaits!" 

     "I'm going to go land the plane." May said, and kissed Coulson before heading off to the cockpit.

-----------------------------------------

     (Amelia)

     May landed the Plane, and dropped Amelia off on the academy roof. Her instructor was there to meet her, and lead Amelia to the door. "Bye!" Amelia yelled, but the noise of the ascending was deafening. The super-sonic noise zoomed away as the zephyr left, heading for home.

-----------------------------------------

     (Coulson)
     (Next day)

    Daisy came running into Coulson's office. "Celyn escaped! Celyn Nikita Escaped!"

     "What?!?" Coulson looked up.  May stood up from the chair near his desk, where she had been doing paperwork.

     "Celyn escaped from the base! she was rescued!" Daisy handed Coulson and May the tablet, and showed them the video. The black and white footage started with Celyn standing in her cell, and an explosion erupted in the ceiling. Two soldiers jumped down, and another jumped in to hull her out. One rescuer took out a gadget, and the camera went out. Thirty seconds later, the camera feed was back. The operation took less than a minute.

    "So." May started."My torturer lives."

"Apparently so." Daisy said. "The tracking chip in Nikita's neck was disabled when the explosion took place."

"We can't track her." Coulson observed.

"What did the rescuers look like?" May asked.

Daisy played with the footage for a few seconds, and had a close-up of the infiltrator. A mask covered it's face, but there was something familiar about the hoodie the warrior wore.

"And sooo... the Hoodie guards are back." May sighed. "Great."

Dun. DUN. DUN! Sorry guys. Please forgive me... -nightsisterkaris